NT Trailer wheel bearings

/ NT Trailer wheel bearings #1  

oliver28472

Veteran Member
Tractor
Satoh S-470D, Mitubishi FD 1450D
I need wheel bearings for a small trailer. Can buy a bearing kit for $12.99 at Northern Tool or a hub with pregreased bearings installed for $30. Are these bearings OK? The kit at NAPA is $32, just the bearing kit. What do yaw think?

/ NT Trailer wheel bearings #2  
I need wheel bearings for a small trailer. Can buy a bearing kit for $12.99 at Northern Tool or a hub with pregreased bearings installed for $30. Are these bearings OK? The kit at NAPA is $32, just the bearing kit. What do yaw think?

I would just buy the bearings for $12 and do it. Very quick and easy job and you will know its done right by doing it yourself. Its messy but you have the satisfaction of doing it and you will know how things work.

Chris

/ NT Trailer wheel bearings
Thanks. The bearings on there now roar a little even after cleaning and repacking. They had plenty of grease before. Just wanted to get an opinion on the quality of the cheaper package and make sure they would hold up. Hauling my club car carryall from NC to MO next month on a small tilt trailer with 4 lug wheels.

/ NT Trailer wheel bearings #4  
Find a local bearing supply house and get some good bearings. Timkens cost no more than the Chinese ones if you don't get them retail.

/ NT Trailer wheel bearings #5  
My advise is to get new bearings in it and carry a extra set with you along with the tools to do a road side change. I have been stuck for 72 hours trying to get bearings to me.

Chris

/ NT Trailer wheel bearings #6  
Find a local bearing supply house and get some good bearings. Timkens cost no more than the Chinese ones if you don't get them retail.
My auto mechanic just recently told Timkens are Chinese bearings now.:shocked:

/ NT Trailer wheel bearings #7  
My auto mechanic just recently told Timkens are Chinese bearings now.:shocked:
I just bought them for our trailer and they aren't. Timken Set 4 outers and Set 17 inners. Plainly stamped USA on them. You do have to ask for US made ones though as some I've seen said Mexico on them.