Number of Trick or Treaters last night?

/ Number of Trick or Treaters last night? #11  
I always quality check the Halloween candy offerings well before Oct. 31st--just in case there is something to report. It's a public service. :laughing: This year, I encountered too many crushed Butterfinger bars in a variety bag.

We never have kids come to our sparse neighborhood seven miles from town, but I heard there was a good turnout in town this year.

/ Number of Trick or Treaters last night? #12  
No trick or treaters for the last 13 years. My wife buys enough candy for for a bus load. I've got to get to work on it tonight.

/ Number of Trick or Treaters last night? #13  
We never have any kids come here. We took the grandson to the mall, most of the stores were giving out candy. 20131031_180353.jpg

/ Number of Trick or Treaters last night? #14  
Several churches in my area sponsor "treat or trick" activities at their respective fellowship buildings, etc. I assume that this is due to parental concerns about their children's safety.

Steve

/ Number of Trick or Treaters last night? #15  
Zero for us too, same as every year. We're too far off the beaten path and often the road is 4WD only - last night for instance, after yesterday's light snow melted down.

/ Number of Trick or Treaters last night? #16  
we live in a development that is pretty popular with trick or treaters. I pulled a double axle trailer with my tractor with bales of straw around part of the neignborhood last night with 5 kids from 3 to 9 and thier parents. The kids (and parents) had a great time and got lots of candy. They had so much they were trying to share with me. My wife said had about 25 at our house. The hottest area in the neighborhood was the back corner and it was pretty busy. One of the boys, about age 8, wanted to know if he could drive the tractor. Thats me in the cowboy hat.
DSCN1944.jpg

/ Number of Trick or Treaters last night? #17  
Oops, double post

/ Number of Trick or Treaters last night? #18  
If you have leftover candy, you can feed it to your cows and avoid adding to your waistline.:)

From http://www.aces.edu/pubs/docs/A/ANR-1237/ANR-1237.pdf

"Most of the hard candy is predominantly sugar and can be fed with good results to beef cattle at rates of 10 to 20 percent of the total daily intake. It contains similar energy amounts to corn with little to no protein content. Large quantities of chocolate candy should be avoided because of the amount of theophylline and theobromine in the chocolate. In addition, milk chocolate may contain as much as 28 percent fat and should be fed accordingly......

Candy should not be used as a sole supplement for beef cattle, but it can certainly be used for operations capable of mixing several commodities into a single diet."

Steve

/ Number of Trick or Treaters last night? #19  
If you have leftover candy, you can feed it to your cows and avoid adding to your waistline

Or you could just eat it......
There is plenty of time between now and Thanksgiving to diet

/ Number of Trick or Treaters last night? #20  
Sadly, I think this is a dying tradition.