Nuther ?

/ Nuther ? #11  
If it wasn't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college.

Larry Black, Comedian

/ Nuther ? #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( We all know that a two wheel tractor with a FEL always pushes to load the bucket. )</font>

i did not know they made 2 wheel tractors? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif bet that gets hairy at times! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Nuther ? #13  
Well I guess so. Sort of like pushing on the ground with your legs/feet to pull a sled. It is an equal and opposite thing you have to push to pull, but it is the end result that counts.

/ Nuther ? #14  
Wasn't that like the dumbest thing he had ever heard anyone say? I know one thing, I'll bet after a day of pulling/pushing a plow, neither the horse nor the farmer really cared which one they were doing!

/ Nuther ? #16  
Another 2 wheel tractor was Simplicity. I grew up with one. Used to plow with a single 12 inch plow all day behind the 2 wheeled mule /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Kept up about 3-4 acres of garden with it for 20 years or so. Had cultivators, harrows, sickle bar cutter for it.

/ Nuther ? #17  
Not to mention Shaw and David Bradley, as sold by Sears and Roebuck.

/ Nuther ? #18  
"Now, with that said, does a <font color="red"> horse </font> (with full time 4wd BTW) push or pull a plow?"

My father would have said 'Neither. Horses are for the idle rich. Mules are for the working poor.' One thing about being raised in the country -- the elders had an expression for every situation! ;-)