NX PCV valve sticking

/ NX PCV valve sticking #1  

Kioti Dave

Gold Member
Tractor
2016 Kioti NX4510 HSTC
Not sure if anyone else has had this problem. In cold weather PCV valve freezing shut. Happened when I first bought the tractor 2 years ago. Blew out dipstick, but also blew out main oil seal on crank. Had to split tractor to replace. $5k in labour 😳😳. Luckily on warranty. Happened again last winter, but just blew dipstick. So I got another oil fill cap and drilled a small hole to relieve pressure in case it happens again. Today, valve stuck again, but did not create a problem except for a few drops of oil coming out of the hole I drilled. Shut off tractor for a few minutes and valve released. Someone suggested leaving dipstick out a bit, but didn't like having that open all the time. Just thought I would share.

/ NX PCV valve sticking #2  
I guess the obvious.... Replace the pcv valve.
They can get gunky buildup and freeze the check valve

/ NX PCV valve sticking #3  
Freezing PCV...yeah, wife had a early Honda Prelude that did that. A engine will create moisture in the vent area...very common. But, most designs keep the valve and tubing tight to the engine so it melts quickly. Also, it should be designed so water can't pool in one spot. I fixed the wife's Honda by rerouting the pcv line with rubber hose.

/ NX PCV valve sticking #4  
Not so much freezing from moisture but getting gunked up from engine oil fumes traveling through the pvc valve. Thats why pvc valve replacement is pretty much a part of most vehicles and equipment maintenance, Some engines need it more than others.
OP... how many hours on the motor since the repair?

/ NX PCV valve sticking #5  
Kubota has had several campaigns (recalls) related to freezing PCV's. Most Involve insulation kits. Maybe your Kioti needs a similar update.

/ NX PCV valve sticking
Not so much freezing from moisture but getting gunked up from engine oil fumes traveling through the pvc valve. Thats why pvc valve replacement is pretty much a part of most vehicles and equipment maintenance, Some engines need it more than others.
OP... how many hours on the motor since the repair?
First time tractor had 9 hours. Pcv looks and functions normally except odd time in winter. 2nd time was at 250 hours. Oil changed at 9, 50, 100 and 200 hours. Did it at 9 due to tractor sitting on lot for 2 years then followed schedule.

/ NX PCV valve sticking #7  
First time tractor had 9 hours. Pcv looks and functions normally except odd time in winter. 2nd time was at 250 hours. Oil changed at 9, 50, 100 and 200 hours. Did it at 9 due to tractor sitting on lot for 2 years then followed schedule.

Solution: When Covid restrictions are over, move way South!
Leduc is much too close to Edmonton!

/ NX PCV valve sticking
Solution: When Covid restrictions are over, move way South!
Leduc is much too close to Edmonton!
Yes. You know the area? With all this craziness I would like to get as far away as possible!!!

/ NX PCV valve sticking #10  
Yes. You know the area? With all this craziness I would like to get as far away as possible!!!

Can't remember the name of the hotel/motel, but spent a few airport overnights in Leduc.