O.K. To move B7800 with parking brake on?

/ O.K. To move B7800 with parking brake on? #11  
I can tell you that if you leave the parking brake on an M7040, it will move like nothing's wrong under power, but will stop REAL suddenly when you push in the clutch. I will not tell you how I discovered this!

/ O.K. To move B7800 with parking brake on? #12  
Podunkadunk said:
So, from the right side of the tractor, I manipulated the gear pedal with my hand while standing off the tractor. Well, as we all know, it will go dead because of the sensor in the seat (or wherever it is, doesn't matter really) not being made by weight of the operator.

You know, I never have figured this out. mine will go dead if I am engaged with a PTO, but for real "inchy" work, DON"T tell the safety police, I use this method for hook ups. BUT I am NOT standing on the tractor, I am beside it.

Now if I try and push really hard on the HST, it dies. But for attachment hookups, no problem. Could mine be mis-adjusted? Or shall we say, properly configured.

:)
-Mike Z.

/ O.K. To move B7800 with parking brake on? #13  
riptides said:
Now if I try and push really hard on the HST, it dies. But for attachment hookups, no problem. Could mine be mis-adjusted? Or shall we say, properly configured.

I think that's normal. At least if it's not, I don't want mine fixed :)

Russell in Texas

/ O.K. To move B7800 with parking brake on? #14  
rdsaustintx said:
I think that's normal. At least if it's not, I don't want mine fixed :) Russell in Texas

Me too. Me either. Works great standing to see over bucket (except for banging head on canopy ironwork) as well off to side for hookup etc :D

/ O.K. To move B7800 with parking brake on? #15  
Z-Michigan said:
I can tell you that if you leave the parking brake on an M7040, it will move like nothing's wrong under power, but will stop REAL suddenly when you push in the clutch. I will not tell you how I discovered this!

YES! YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!

As you can tell I have left the parking brake on briefly on more than one occassion. And I only have 24 hours on it!!

/ O.K. To move B7800 with parking brake on? #16  
riptides said:
You know, I never have figured this out. mine will go dead if I am engaged with a PTO, but for real "inchy" work, DON"T tell the safety police, I use this method for hook ups. BUT I am NOT standing on the tractor, I am beside it.

:)
-Mike Z.

I like mine like that as well...it sure made getting my new chains on to the back tires much easier.