Off Road Diesel -- where to buy in Central PA

/ Off Road Diesel -- where to buy in Central PA
You might want to check with your local home heating oil dist. Sometimes they will drop off lessor amounts of fuel if you can wait for them to be in your area for normal deliveries. Even if you wait, a 10 gallon stop is probably not going to happen, but around here they will do 25 gallons on a regular customer.

I had my fuel oil supplier fill my 20 gallon tank last year when I had my oil tanks filled. We have pellet heat and a wood stove too, so I still have 350 gallons of fuel oil in the tanks (will use some for hot water over the summer). The only problem is the overflowed the thing and made a hellava mess. I still think my best best is a transfer pump with a hose to the outside to fill my 20 gallon from the house tanks. But until I get around to that, a source of off-road at a pump would be nice.

None of the truck stops around here have off road because it's illegal to use it in the trucks.
None of the gas stations sell it either because it's not legal to use it in cars.

Some truck stops carry it for refrigeration units. That is a legal use for trucks, as it isn't powering the engine that drives the truck (separate tank).

/ Off Road Diesel -- where to buy in Central PA #13  
the truck stops don't have separate pumps for the reefer units. you fill your truck,pull up,reset the pump,fill reefer tank,go in & pay. the truckstop separates it on the fuel ticket.

/ Off Road Diesel -- where to buy in Central PA #15  
None of the truck stops around here have off road because it's illegal to use it in the trucks.
None of the gas stations sell it either because it's not legal to use it in cars.

A few stations here have it -- as I referenced before -- but I really have no idea why the two jas67 saw do. Those are half a mile from my place and this area isn't a hotbed of tractors, or much of anything else that needs off-road diesel that I can figure. But, I guess there is a need since stations of opposite corners of the intersection both carry it!

I can't figure out why some underworked and overstimulated legislator hasn't tried to outlaw it yet ...

John

/ Off Road Diesel -- where to buy in Central PA #16  
1*Anyone on here know where I can buy off-road diesel (other than delivery,*which usually requires 100 gal or more purchased at once).
2*I did find two stations at the corner of Rts 22 and 72 near Lickdale. The Turkey Hill on that corner was $269 yesterday, and the "Hatter's" for $249.
1*Why bother when you all ready have delivery to a 550 gal. tank?*Put a pump on your 550 gallon tank = problem solved .
Use that in your tractors.
2*You don't need them .
You already have home delivery .
3 *You need an account with them to use the big-truck pumps (they have diesel out front with the car pumps for those of us with "little trucks" like my F-350. I imagine they might require an account for the off-road diesel pumps too. I'll investigate and post my findings.
3*You don't need another account as you now have one with your current supplier.
4*Why don't you want it delivered?
4*He is all ready getting it delivered, he just hasn't realized it yet.
5*You might want to check with your local home heating oil dist.
6*Sometimes they will drop off lessor amounts of fuel if you can wait for them to be in your area for normal deliveries.
7* Even if you wait, a 10 gallon stop is probably not going to happen, but around here they will do 25 gallons on a regular customer.
5*He allready has that service ;only thing is he isn't taking advantage of it.
6*Most people do not understand there is a difference between a mininum delivery and a top off.
As a result a lot of folks are forfeting the advantages of home delivery.
7*My suppliers Min DEL is 150 GAL.
Their Min Top Off is 25 GAL.
8*I've also been thinking about putting a transfer pump in the house's fuel oil tank (550 gal). s.
8*Certainly your best bet no question.
9* I use a 35 gallon drum for transport and a hand pump to a stationary 55 gallon with its own pump to fill with
9*This is the only pump you need, you just have it plumbed wrong .
10*I had my fuel oil supplier fill my 20 gallon tank last year when I had my oil tanks filled.
11* I still have 350 gallons of fuel oil in the tanks. (will use some for hot water over the summer).
12*I still think my best best is a transfer pump with a hose to the outside to fill my 20 gallon from the house tanks.
10*You all ready have a supplier making deliveres .U just aren't taking full advantage of that fact.
11*Get that pump on there now and solve your problem .
12*I agree but you don't have to have the 20 gallon tank.
Just fill your tractors direct from the 550 gallon tank with the transfer pump .
13*Some truck stops carry it for refrigeration units. That is a legal use for trucks, as it isn't powering the engine that drives the truck (separate tank).
13*I need to check this out.

the truck stops don't have separate pumps for the reefer units. you fill your truck,pull up,reset the pump,fill reefer tank,go in & pay. the truckstop separates it on the fuel ticket.

But I thought the stuff that went in the reefer units was dyed red, because no tax is paid on it?

Why haven't you been using this fuel in your tractor all along ?:confused2:

I haven't had the time to install a pump and the plumbing to the outside.

A few stations here have it -- as I referenced before -- but I really have no idea why the two jas67 saw do. Those are half a mile from my place and this area isn't a hotbed of tractors, or much of anything else that needs off-road diesel that I can figure. But, I guess there is a need since stations of opposite corners of the intersection both carry it!

I can't figure out why some underworked and overstimulated legislator hasn't tried to outlaw it yet ...

John

John,
There is quite a bit of farm land up that way, but, most of those farms have their own tank that gets filled on delivery.

11*Get that pump on there now and solve your problem .

Those tanks are in my house basement. As I stated before, haven't had time to obtain and install a pump and plumbing to the outside.