Off Road Diesel

/ Off Road Diesel #1  

CompactTractorFan

Tractor
Kubota BX25
I've heard a lot about off road diesel (aka: "red diesel"). Can I use this in my tractor that reads: "use ultra low sulfur or low sulfur diesel only"? If so would it be cheaper than diesel from the gas station? Where would I find it?

/ Off Road Diesel #2  
You should be Ok. I'm also in Southeastern PA, and I don't know of any refineries producing high-sulfur diesel anymore. All the "red diesel" (un-taxed) we have received at work since mid 2009 is ULSD.

Yes it's cheaper; was $0.68 last time I bought some, but I don't know where to get in SEPA. I was getting it from a farm service store in Bethel (was on my way home from work), but no longer travel to Lebanon County for work. Guess I need to find a place. I'm going to ask my dealer.

Mike

/ Off Road Diesel
You should be Ok. I'm also in Southeastern PA, and I don't know of any refineries producing high-sulfur diesel anymore. All the "red diesel" (un-taxed) we have received at work since mid 2009 is ULSD.

Yes it's cheaper; was $0.68 last time I bought some, but I don't know where to get in SEPA. I was getting it from a farm service store in Bethel (was on my way home from work), but no longer travel to Lebanon County for work. Guess I need to find a place. I'm going to ask my dealer.

Mike

Interesting, when was it 68 cents???

/ Off Road Diesel #4  
I've heard a lot about off road diesel (aka: "red diesel"). Can I use this in my tractor that reads: "use ultra low sulfur or low sulfur diesel only"? If so would it be cheaper than diesel from the gas station? Where would I find it?

Yes, that is what your tractor is meant to run on.

/ Off Road Diesel #5  
The end of August or beginning of September. Can't remember exact date.

Mike

/ Off Road Diesel #7  
Trust me, red diesel simply avoids some of the tax on diesel, thus it's only cheaper by the amount of tax. Yes, he means "$.068 cheaper".

/ Off Road Diesel #9  
Yes, $0.68 cheaper. Sorry for not being clear!

Mike

/ Off Road Diesel #10  
$.68/ quart????? We pay 80 some-odd cents / liter for HHO or dyed diesel. One is always a few cents more than the other, but which of the two is cheaper varies...