Off Road---Home Heating oil

/ Off Road---Home Heating oil #21  
Not sure where you got this but its mandadted that all off road fuel is dyed with Solvent Red 26. this applies to offroad diesel, and HHO and any other high sulphur fuel (not refined K1). Aviation fuel is also dyed albeit a different color to make sure the fuel is never mixed up.

There should be no purple. This is from the EPA mandate and not subject to change by region.

Here in This Area Kerosene at the Pump is clear.
Poppy

/ Off Road---Home Heating oil #23  
The monthly topic on Deisel fuel. Onroad=Offroad=Home heating Oil.

That simple.

Tiny catch is that some of the offroads or HHO is something other than ULSD so it can mess up your modern deisel onroad truck engine that is designed for ULSD. I think it screws up the particulate filter or something, But you should not be running dyed fuel in your onroad truck anyway.

/ Off Road---Home Heating oil #24  
On road diesel is non-colored, i.e. greenish. Off-road diesel is dyed red. Home heating oil is dyed purple. Kerosene at the pump is clear. I was told it would be a bad day if the fuel cops found the wrong color in your system. It is all about the taxes.

Around here HHO is dyed red, just like offroad, cause its the same thing out of the same tank!!

/ Off Road---Home Heating oil #25  
It depends on your area. In CT right now HHO is 3000 ppm sulfur and off road diesel is ULSD, the same as on road diesel but with dye added. As of this summer HHO is going down to 500 ppm sulfur (LSD) and its supposed to go to ULSD some time in the future.

Yup, what he said...in NH also

/ Off Road---Home Heating oil #26  
I hope CT goes with lower sulfur HHO. It will simplify the supply situation since most homes use HHO for heat. The price shouldn't go up much (?!) as the price spread between HHO and ULSD road fuel is about the 50 cent road tax. I have heard that ULSD burns much cleaner in a furnace too.

/ Off Road---Home Heating oil #27  
on a practical note, a couple of 5 gal cans of "road' diesel will last the average weekend warrior more hours than we put on our CUTs in a year. Plus, the savings by using HHO won't buy a case of beer. . .

I think it is more of a convenience and availability thing than cost.

/ Off Road---Home Heating oil #28  
In the heavy snowstorms we had I was using 10 gallons a day.

/ Off Road---Home Heating oil
In the heavy snowstorms we had I was using 10 gallons a day.

Last winter put appx 100 hrs on tractor blowing snow bought around 85 gal of fuel..
This winter maybe 15-20 gal.