OH My! New Kubota Grand L or New Camaro

/ OH My! New Kubota Grand L or New Camaro #1  

OrangeGuy

Gold Member
Tractor
2003 Kubota L3430 HSTC
Just got back from dinner out with my wife. As we were leaving our sales rep from the local Chev dealer comes in. He says my new Camaro arrived today. A little background...my best friend in high school had a new blue 1969 Camaro SS/RS. Many an hour I spent in that car. Two years later I purchased a slightly used 1971 Camaro RS, again blue in color. When the new Camaros were announced I casually mentioned this to my sales rep when we were purchasing a new car for the wife. Well, we just sold some property and I was thinking about upgrading my Kubota Grand L 3430 HSTC for a new 40 series with some additions such as a grapple, etc. The Camaro was a pipe dream, I thought. The wife said to go in and purchase the New Camaro tomorrow (no alcohol at dinner). I deserve it! Wow! I hadn't mentioned my thinking about trading the Kubota (waiting for the right moment). What to do? The new Camaro ($40K) or a spending spree on equipment for our 120 acres (if she will buy into this option). I wish I had a "clunker" to trade in.

What recession?

OrangeGuy

/ OH My! New Kubota Grand L or New Camaro #2  
The new Camaro ($40K) or a spending spree on equipment for our 120 acres (if she will buy into this option). I wish I had a "clunker" to trade in. What recession? OrangeGuy[/QUOTE said:
Tough call..I'm an Orange and GM guy....Me, I'd go with the Camaro. Besides, the wife made you do it.:D:D

/ OH My! New Kubota Grand L or New Camaro #3  
To me, a car is a car. No biggy what it looks like, but more importantly, what it does. If it does more for you then a tractor will, then pick the car. I can't imagine that ever being true, but for me, it's not even something that I'd think about. I'd buy the tractor.

Eddie

/ OH My! New Kubota Grand L or New Camaro #4  
I like my 3430 (but no cab). I'd love the new Camaro....
IMHO go for the car!!
:)

/ OH My! New Kubota Grand L or New Camaro #5  
I feel your pain. I owned the same car your buddy had a beautiful blue RS 350. Yes my mouth was also watering over the new Camaro, but with the economy and all - I need things that will either make money for me or save me money so I don稚 have to rent so the new Camaro will have to stay in my dreams till things get a whole lot better.

If you already have a tractor you can add a grapple on it I did on my my 3400 and you could have he best of both worlds.

/ OH My! New Kubota Grand L or New Camaro #6  
Tractor every day of the week for me, although I paid twice for my tractor what I've ever paid for a vehicle.

/ OH My! New Kubota Grand L or New Camaro #7  
The new camaro is a great looking car. I know that urge. Good luck with it. My tractors are my hot rods, I'd go for the new Grand L; nice tractor.

/ OH My! New Kubota Grand L or New Camaro #8  
The Grand L will help you with the 120 acres.. enough for a serious tractor... a car is just a way to get over the road... and, it won't go over the 120 acres as well as the tractor.

/ OH My! New Kubota Grand L or New Camaro #9  
This is simple, go for the new tractor, afterall Kubota didn't ask for any money from the government to be bailed out like GM did!

/ OH My! New Kubota Grand L or New Camaro #10  
There is a very simple answer.
She has authorized the Camaro. So get it.

Then take her to dinner again. This time apply proper amounts of alcohol. Then have your Kubota Salesman come by and pick up the entire tab. Then just wait for her next comment on how nice that was.
Then STRIKE !

Congtrats on your new tractor.