Oh yeah....I forgot to tell ya....

/ Oh yeah....I forgot to tell ya.... #21  
Reading all of these postings gives more credence to the old adage "no good deed goes unpunished!"

/ Oh yeah....I forgot to tell ya....
Reading all of these postings gives more credence to the old adage "no good deed goes unpunished!"

Yep... But somehow I'd still rather be known as the "do-er of good deeds with scars to prove it" than not.... Besides, think of all the good complaining I'd miss out on!

/ Oh yeah....I forgot to tell ya.... #25  
Yep... But somehow I'd still rather be known as the "do-er of good deeds with scars to prove it" than not.... Besides, think of all the good complaining I'd miss out on!

That's right... you can't complain if you don't participate. :D

/ Oh yeah....I forgot to tell ya.... #26  
I would be found guilty in most any court of helping out folks as well. Just the way I was raised. It is kind of hard to say no when I really should decline the being asked or offering of help. I still sleep good at night when I have made a difference. Even if it was a pain in the ..........

/ Oh yeah....I forgot to tell ya.... #27  
Don't you find that most folks are grateful or almost embarassed to get helped but there are some who abuse the "service" and call constantly? I do anyway, one guy near me constantly calls when he needs something. Never hear from the "pal" any other time.

/ Oh yeah....I forgot to tell ya....
Don't you find that most folks are grateful or almost embarassed to get helped but there are some who abuse the "service" and call constantly? I do anyway, one guy near me constantly calls when he needs something. Never hear from the "pal" any other time.

That puts me in mind of an old buddy of my dad. This guy would always be helping those who needed help. He was constantly showing up to lend a hand. He would do so without being asked. Dad told me one time George would do anything for people who needed help but were trying to do without. And he would graciously decline to help people who could do for themselves but were always asking others to do things so they didn't have to.

There's a great lesson in life in that stratagy.

/ Oh yeah....I forgot to tell ya.... #29  
That puts me in mind of an old buddy of my dad. This guy would always be helping those who needed help. He was constantly showing up to lend a hand. He would do so without being asked. Dad told me one time George would do anything for people who needed help but were trying to do without. And he would graciously decline to help people who could do for themselves but were always asking others to do things so they didn't have to.

There's a great lesson in life in that stratagy.

Yep, I follow George's strategy. Can't stand the "takers".

/ Oh yeah....I forgot to tell ya.... #30  
I found my telephone cable once with my subsoiler and three times with my rototiller. The danged phone company keeps moving it, but won't lay it deeper!

The first time, it took me a week to discover the phone line was cut. My daughters replied, "Good thing mom doesn't live here anymore. You would have found out right away and with pain!"