OH YES! yet another GRAPPLE THREAD!

/ OH YES! yet another GRAPPLE THREAD! #11  
fattyfat1 said:
i guess i don't understand why they would tell me it wouldn't work?
Try ignorance, lazyness or maybe he has something else up his sleeve.

In today's internet world it would be to the dealership's benefit to become familiar with what is available and what is being done to thier product by others who are much more savvy that they are. Old timers who have the "my wy or no way" attitude will soon find themselves out of business. This should be a topic all by itself.

/ OH YES! yet another GRAPPLE THREAD! #12  
Check out my thread I linked to earlier- it has a JD part number for a Fasse valve. Surely if you gave your dealer that he could go from there. I agree it would be nice if the dealers could keep up on everything, but it just doesn't always work that way!

As far as a diverter not being able to work on lower gpm hydraulic systems, that just doesn't add up. By definition the diverter is only redirecting the flow of fluid- so if the usual function worked the new one will too!

Good Luck! Jason

/ OH YES! yet another GRAPPLE THREAD! #13  
I wouldn't convict the dealer of being a stupid liar quite yet. He may be just confused or ignorant of what you are asking about. If you can put ONE rear remote on that tractor you have more than enough hydraulic power to put a grapple. To be fair, he may be thinking you are asking about an 800# or heavier grapple that is built for industrial skidsteer loaders. (Like what I've got.:eek: ) You could very easily put a perfectly functional useful grapple on that tractor. You have numerous options available to you. Of course, your dealer may just be a stupid liar.:D

/ OH YES! yet another GRAPPLE THREAD!
Glowplug said:
I wouldn't convict the dealer of being a stupid liar quite yet. He may be just confused or ignorant of what you are asking about.:D
i printed a copy of the The Thumb website and handed it to him. i also showed him what i was talking about by opening up TBN on his countertop monitor and showed him examples from these forums. they have never even HEARD of this website before! so you all can make your own conclusions from here. i'm not going to sit here and bash this dealer because they have treated me well, but i am rightfully VERY unimpressed with their lack of knowledge on the equipment they sell. this is a logging town, and if any dealer should know about tools for clearing property and dealing with wood debris, it should be them. thanks for the input everyone, i guess if you need something done right, do it yourself!

/ OH YES! yet another GRAPPLE THREAD! #15  
My dealer had a book, I don't remember what brand, that had some heavier duty grapples in it. He had not heard of the Millonzi (light weight) that I was talking about. He uses a local welding shop that makes pallet forks for alot cheaper than the Deere ones, and said they had a jig to make up the brackets for the Millonzi to fit my 200cx. They had heard of Fasse before, but did not have any contact info. I used their computer to show pictures, but the Fasse website was down. A few day later the Website was up and I got some part numbers and the 800 number. He got the diverter prices for me and ordered it for me. Since then Millonzi is trying to make the grapple fit my loader. My diverter is in and when the grapple comes in, I'll let the dealer do the plumbing work for me.
I said all that to say, Most dealers don't keep up with all the "aftermarket" stuff for tractors, but my dealer was eager to help me with what they could. JC

/ OH YES! yet another GRAPPLE THREAD! #16  
Maybe he was trying to steer you to the conclusion that your tractor just isn't big enough and that you should maybe look into buying a bigger one that will support a grapple:)

/ OH YES! yet another GRAPPLE THREAD! #17  
RonMar said:
Maybe he was trying to steer you to the conclusion that your tractor just isn't big enough and that you should maybe look into buying a bigger one that will support a grapple:)

This was my thought also, if you have bought 3 tractors in 3 years, maybe he thinks it's time for 4 tractors in 4 years. You just never know.

/ OH YES! yet another GRAPPLE THREAD!
thanks jasonl, i was able to find all those parts to make this work!

/ OH YES! yet another GRAPPLE THREAD! #19  
I have a BX23 with a grapple. It works with a diverter valve - electronic switch mounted on the dash. Diverts fluid from the curl function on the loader valve to the grapple. Works just fine and am sure glad to have it. I don't have the threads in front of me, but a search on this site foe BX23 grapple should give you some more things to look at.