Oil change 422

/ Oil change 422 #11  
Here's a picture of a Kohler kit...
3895D104-1292-416C-89BB-532E2BBD0C6C.jpeg

/ Oil change 422
It's a plate with two hose fittings that fits in the original oil filter place on the engine. There are two hoses to attach to the two fittings. You run those hoses to a remote location, and attach them to an oil filter mounted somewhere more convenient.

I'm looking for pictures...
Here's a link with no pictures. I think its for your engine, but not sure.
ROBIN-SUBARU Part 92635 ROBIN REMOTE OIL FILTER KIT 54"
Yeah..... I like the looks of this.

/ Oil change 422 #13  
Good. It's defiantly worth looking in to. Let us know what you find. I'm sure some of the other Robin owners might be interested, and maybe Kohler owners, too.

My 2001 model PT425 with the Kohler has a much different engine bay layout. Starting from the back, there's the two section PTO/pumps, the engine, then the tram pump. My muffler is a stock Kohler muffler mounted to the back of the engine with the exhaust exiting directly out the rear of the machine. The engine oil filter is readily accessible. You can see it in this picture just to the right of the battery.
6141F608-C16B-4D53-B8F0-61395BA3A93A.jpeg

/ Oil change 422 #14  
   / Oil change 422
That's awesome!

/ Oil change 422 #16  
Correct remote drain for the oil:thumbsup:

/ Oil change 422 #18  
I have the 425 but it should be pretty similar to yours. I just connect an oil filter cup to my ratchet and finagle it in there and slowly just reverse it off of it threads. I don't remove anything but do put a bunch of rags or a plastic bag to catch all the oil. If you have to do all that work it is probably wayyyy to tight anyway. Is this the first oil change? Usually the factory oil filter is put on there by some big sumo wrestler I think. I do mine once per year for the amount of hours I do or don't put on it.

/ Oil change 422 #19  
yeah some of the things are not real well thought out......I've got a little more room then the low boys but the exhaust runs right by it......so there's no way to get to the filter without touching the exhaust.....after burning the sleeves on my jacket and shirt or branding my arm I gave up on trying to warm up the engine so the oil would flow easier.......they did drill a hole in the bottom of my pan for the oil to drain out....unfortunately it doesn't line up with the drain......there's not enough room to get a funnel in so I rig up plastic report cover sheet and roll it up and feed it thru the hole in the bottom and guide it to the drain where it expands and collects all the oil and flows it out the bottom......over the years you get good at work arounds.....lol......Jack

/ Oil change 422 #20  
I have the 425 but it should be pretty similar to yours. I just connect an oil filter cup to my ratchet and finagle it in there and slowly just reverse it off of it threads. I don't remove anything but do put a bunch of rags or a plastic bag to catch all the oil. If you have to do all that work it is probably wayyyy to tight anyway. Is this the first oil change? Usually the factory oil filter is put on there by some big sumo wrestler I think. I do mine once per year for the amount of hours I do or don't put on it.

That works for me too. Loosen with the ratchet, put bag around the filter then back the rest of the way by hand.