Oil Change Amount Ford 5.0

/ Oil Change Amount Ford 5.0 #1  

b8200hst4wd

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200 HST 4WD
Hey,

I have a 1996 Ford Explorer with the 5.0 liter engine (302). I misplaced the manual and I was wondering what the oil change amount was with a filter change?

/ Oil Change Amount Ford 5.0 #2  
Never owned a Ford 5.0, and rarely change oil except for the tractors. My routine is to go by the marks on the dipstick after running the engine for a few minutes. Unless the engine has the wrong 'stick, you can't go wrong.................chim

/ Oil Change Amount Ford 5.0 #3  
I had a 1995 Ford van with the 5.0 liter engine. It took 5.25 quarts. However, vehicles with the same engine may vary on oil capacity due to oil pan differences to fit that frame. Buy 6 qts and use the dipstick as Chim suggests.

Jeff

/ Oil Change Amount Ford 5.0 #4  
5 quarts + filter, so buy 6 quarts, pour in 5 and then check. Oil filter sizes are different on various 5.0s as well. My old bronco uses 6 quarts but has a 1 quart filter, FL1A. My friends mustang which has a tiny tiny engine compartment compared to my truck uses a FL400S? or somthing like that which takes less than a quart.

/ Oil Change Amount Ford 5.0 #5  
Most of these 5.0L motors in Ford trucks take 6qts. I know yours has a different pan then any other, and it may have anouther size filter also. I would go with what others are telling you. Dump in 5, then check the stick. The totals they list in the manuals are never spot on anyway, so I usley don't fowel them. The stick doesnot lie.

/ Oil Change Amount Ford 5.0
Yeah, That's what I was thinking 5qts then dip it...

It takes a Fram PH8A filter... Quite Standard