Oil & Fuel Oil change intervals

/ Oil change intervals #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
Just a dumb question. I have two Kubotas. The first is an L4630HST. The owner's manual says the oil should be changed every fifty hours and that's what I do. But I also own a KX121-3S mini excavator. That owner's manual says the oil should be changed every two hundred-fifty hours.

Why the difference?

Pete

/ Oil change intervals #2  
I think you will find that the 50 hour service is just for the break in period of the machine. The 200 or 250 hour service is more likely the correct sevice interveral.

David

/ Oil change intervals #3  
I look at it this way.
If it were a car and you drove it 60 mph, it would take 50 hours to get 3,000 miles. That is the old oil change standard. With newer models, synthetic oils and better filters(?), the intervals can be longer. I run synthetic in my Kama and try to change it every 100 hours whether it needs it or not.

/ Oil change intervals #4  
I'd just make it simple...change it annually or every 100 hours, which ever comes first.

/ Oil change intervals #5  
Everyone i know does 250 on everything , construction, tractors ,combines . For us thats about 3 times a year But if you don't do a lot of work annually keeps it simple .

/ Oil change intervals #6  
I change every 250 hours or once a year whichever comes first

/ Oil change intervals #7  
I change my oil every 200 hrs. and use Delvac 1, by Mobil. 3300 + hrs. and the inside of the engine looks brand new.

David

/ Oil change intervals #8  
All the tractors used on the farm get their oil changed once a year and it always come out nealy as clean as it went in. They could probably go a lot longer considering how much use they get.