Oil & Filter change now or later?

/ Oil & Filter change now or later? #11  
Since its a 1977 tractor and getting low hours you would never need to change it again with modern oil.

/ Oil & Filter change now or later? #12  
I change my oil and filters in the Spring when I'm getting ready to use them again. Once I park everything in the Fall, it will sit for months. That period of time where it's sitting is when condensation forms inside the engine. I don't put enough hours on anything to justify changing the oil from use, but sitting all winter causes more harm to the oil then summer mowing.

/ Oil & Filter change now or later? #13  
IF, it was my tractor, I'd change it every other year in the fall...

SR

/ Oil & Filter change now or later? #14  
If it were new to me, I'd do the first oil change in the fall (my tractors so no winter use).
After that go by hours.
If you still want to change oil every fall with low hours, I would remove and drain the filter, and reinstall at the oil change. I would change filter by hours.

If you change the hydraulic fluid, there is a sump screen that should be cleaned. If your shift boots are torn, this is an entry point for water in the hydraulic system.
If your draft shaft (lower 3pt arms attach to) seals are leaking, ideal time to replace is when hydraulic fluid is drained.