Oil & Fuel Oil filter connecting tube problem on NX5510.

/ Oil filter connecting tube problem on NX5510. #1  

LittleBear

Bronze Member
I removed the oil filter on my NX5510 and the threaded connecting tube came off with it! I managed to get the old oil filter off the tube without damaging anything, but what is the torque specification for tightening down the connecting tube back into the engine?

/ Oil filter connecting tube problem on NX5510. #2  
It does have wrench flats doesn't it? I am not sure if you will find a spec for it. I would clean both parts really well then use red locktite on the threads and tighten snug. Be very careful to use just a little, you don't want any circulating in your oil. Let it cure for a few hours before reattaching the filter and starting.

/ Oil filter connecting tube problem on NX5510.
It does have wrench flats. I am searching for the torque spec, but, as you pointed out, there does not seem to be one. Will consider red locktite, but for now, I'm still thinking.

/ Oil filter connecting tube problem on NX5510. #4  
As long as the threads are clean and dry, even blue loctite will take care of that. Just don't overtighten the filter. I presume this is the first filter change?

/ Oil filter connecting tube problem on NX5510.
Yes, this was the first change--oil filter way too tight. It makes me wonder about what goes on when these tractors are assembled at the factory.

/ Oil filter connecting tube problem on NX5510. #6  
I think most everything is assembled dry.