Oil Filter for B2910

/ Oil Filter for B2910 #1  

dlabrie

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2910
I went to the Kubota dealer Saturday to get an oil filter for my B2910. It cost $8.20 /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Sunday, I drained my oil and took off the old old filter. Well, of course it was different than the one I bought /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. The old filter was a 16271-320<font color="red">90</font> and the new one was a 16271-320<font color="red">92</font> . The new filter was larger than the old one, but the gaskets lined up OK so I put it on. There are no leaks and all seems well.
Question- Which is the correct filter? Does it matter which I use If the gaskets line up? And, $8.20 for a filter?!?! Can I use an after market brand?
Thanks,

/ Oil Filter for B2910 #2  
The difference in the last number is not important to application. The price is Kubota's price. Why do you need an aftermarket filter that normally doesn't work to the spec's of the manufacturer?

/ Oil Filter for B2910
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Why do you need an aftermarket filter that normally doesn't work to the spec's of the manufacturer? )</font>

I would guess that Kubota does not have a filter factory and that they have them made buy another company. If so, that very same filter may be available as a Fram, Wix or Delco at a much more reasonable price. I feel that $8.20 is highway robery

/ Oil Filter for B2910 #4  
How much will you save by a aftermarket filter that might not meet the filtering standards of Kubota? Possibly $4.00 and how often do you change the filter.... once or twice a year? Your savings aren't worth the cost of the repairs if you have a defective filter. The nice thing about buying a Kubota filter is that if the filter should be defective, then Kubota will stand behind the product, which you might not get if it is some other brand. OEM parts come with peace of mind and that has a bigger value to me than the small savings. If it is convenience that you are looking for, then just keep a spare on hand.