Oil Filter - Wix 51356 - is it a good one or is there a better alternate?

/ Oil Filter - Wix 51356 - is it a good one or is there a better alternate? #1  

artcarneyagr

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1250
Oil Filter - Wix 51356 - is it a good one or is there a better alternate?

2022-03-08 10_24_34-Greenshot.jpg

/ Oil Filter - Wix 51356 - is it a good one or is there a better alternate? #2  
Wix is all I buy for my Ram, Toro ZT, Kawasaki Voyager and Iseki TM3160, especially after cutting apart what used to be my go to filter, Fram and saw the chinzey way they were made. You're going to get a lot of different replies I bet LOL......Mike

/ Oil Filter - Wix 51356 - is it a good one or is there a better alternate? #3  
use OEM for the tractor, but will not use anything other than Wix for the mowers.

/ Oil Filter - Wix 51356 - is it a good one or is there a better alternate? #4  
Should be good for you or you could go to NAPA and get a 1356 filter. It's the same thing.

/ Oil Filter - Wix 51356 - is it a good one or is there a better alternate?
Wix is all I buy for my Ram, Toro ZT, Kawasaki Voyager and Iseki TM3160, especially after cutting apart what used to be my go to filter, Fram and saw the chinzey way they were made. You're going to get a lot of different replies I bet LOL......Mike

Right, I know it's a personal preference on things, but I like hearing them all and the reasons why folks pick what they pick. Seems like FRAM is definitely regarded as the bottom of the barrel filter by most people.

Glad to hear WIX is highly regarded.

/ Oil Filter - Wix 51356 - is it a good one or is there a better alternate? #6  
Wix makes a lot of filters for other brands, including the factory filters found on cars, trucks and tractors. It's a good choice. Once you have the filter number, try searching on Amazon and Ebay for a better price. Some of my filters are over $100 each and I've found significant savings buying online

/ Oil Filter - Wix 51356 - is it a good one or is there a better alternate? #7  
has the Wix corp changed hands?

/ Oil Filter - Wix 51356 - is it a good one or is there a better alternate? #8  
The Wix 51356XP is a bit better.

/ Oil Filter - Wix 51356 - is it a good one or is there a better alternate?
The Wix 51356XP is a bit better.
I didn't know about the XP designation - are the dimensions exactly the same? From what I looked up, the XP has an upgraded filter media to synthetic instead of cellulose, is that correct?

/ Oil Filter - Wix 51356 - is it a good one or is there a better alternate? #10  
I didn't know about the XP designation - are the dimensions exactly the same? From what I looked up, the XP has an upgraded filter media to synthetic instead of cellulose, is that correct?
Yes