Oil & Fuel oil filters, and fuel filters.

/ oil filters, and fuel filters. #11  
Hi Mr. Brown,

What kind of prices does the local dealer have?

Sometimes, you may be pleasantly surprised to find out not all the prices are as bad as first thought... besides it gives you a chance to swing by and get to know your dealer (and for him... you) better... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

On the other hand, ordering "long distance" to save a couple dollars... ,after you add up your precious time, UPS shipping, minimum handling fees, inconvenience of waiting for a distance order, shipping back "incorrect/mistaken" parts, etc. etc... when it comes down to it... How much do you really save...?
(over supporting your local dealer/businessman/businesswoman...?) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ oil filters, and fuel filters. #12  
Jonhmiller3
Agree with supporting local business but I do both. I buy the fluids from the dealer and the filters from Tractorsmart. Even with the shipping and no sales tax, they are a bit cheaper than the local dealer.....
The local guy gets the impulse business. Yesterday, for example, I went in to get a longer logging chain for pulling stumps and stuff out of my woods...while I was there we talked about rakes.....well one thing lead to another and do you know that a 5 foot rake fits into an Escape and you can shut the back as well? The chain came in handy for getting the rake out using the FEL.
My wife said something like if I get another implement for the tractor I will have to build another barn...I don't see a problem.

/ oil filters, and fuel filters. #13  
John:

In some cases there is a large difference in price for equivalent filters.

For my truck oil filter the dealer wants $21.00. A local garage requires $8.75. A cummins dealer in Edmonton wants $6.75. These filters are all of equivalent quality.

Strangely enough I'm quite willing to drive 90 Kil. one way to the Kubota dealer for an oil filter. It means I also get to sit on equipment I can no longer afford.

Egon

/ oil filters, and fuel filters. #14  
<font color="blue">...In some cases there is a large difference in price for equivalent filters...</font>

Absolutely... if the business long distance can sell a "substitute" for considerably less... I know a local dealer (more than one dealer! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif) will be able to do the same...

Even if it's not their everyday price, most business people match prices on like products to keep your business... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ oil filters, and fuel filters. #15  
<font color="blue">...Agree with supporting local business but I do both...</font>

Sometimes "in just conversation" mentioning the other lower prices to the local dealer starts the "dialog" towards lower local prices on a "per individual basis"... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dealers are human, most people if they can will match the price (especially after they are aware that... you're aware of lower prices!).

Nobody wants any business to walk away, if they can help it... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ oil filters, and fuel filters. #16  
I think I'll just have my retirement check deposited to the dealer's account....why bother with the extra step!

/ oil filters, and fuel filters. #17  
<font color="blue">...have my retirement check deposited to the dealer's account...</font>

Ahhhhhhhhhh.... can't be that bad.... or is it...? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ oil filters, and fuel filters. #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My wife said something like if I get another implement for the tractor I will have to build another barn...I don't see a problem. )</font>

Here's one solution for that....

Attachments

• 265479-full shed.jpg
    265479-full shed.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 176
   / oil filters, and fuel filters. #19  
I have a great Kubota dealer, but he is about 30 miles away while my JD dealer is only two miles down the street.
I use genuine JD air filters on my Kubota. I change them quite a lot so JD is simply more convenient.
(The same USA manufacturer and part for both JD , Kubota and TYN by the way! It just comes in a JD box.)
I do not know about the fuel filters? Check with your Deere dealer-they may be the same!

/ oil filters, and fuel filters. #20  
rbarker:
Great looking set up....I may have to look into that type of storage. Course, if you have more empty space you have to fill it up.