Oil for CT20235

/ Oil for CT20235 #1  

sheamus

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT2035HST
1. In the manual, for engine oil, it mentions I can use 5W-40 synthetic. In the part numbers section of manual it lists bobcat part numbers for various oils, but not one for 5w-40 synthetic. Can I just ignore this and use Pennzoil 5w-40 synthetic?
2. For differential/front-axle, the manual says 6.0L each. So I will need 12L total?
3. It doesn't mention viscosity, but it looks like from the part number it wants 80w90?

/ Oil for CT20235 #2  
The brand name is of no significance these days. The viscosity combined with the certified AP rating is the minimum criterion. Past that, it becomes the aggregate chemistry of the additive package, which varies wildly!

I could NOT find anywhere in the Pennzoil specs where it is rated for CK-4 applications.

for contrast, heres an example of mobil delvac ESP that does clearly state it meets the spec.

Read ALL of those footnotes! They ALL say to never exceed the mfg recommended mileage with oil changes. That is clear language to ignore all the marketing lies.

Caution: "blend" translates that its NOT synthetic

The front axle is 80w90 and its 6 qts total for a drain & fill on my CT2025. The GL rating is the key. the viscosity range for synthetic is wider than conventional gear oil.

You can always call Pennzoil, but be sure to get the answer in WRITING. If they wont put it in writing on company letter head with signature - ignore their advice.

Last edited:
   / Oil for CT20235
Thanks @FOP.

I believe the CT2025 has the same front capacites as the CT2035, so I will need the same.

I don't see any mention of CK-4, only of CJ-4 and ACEA E9. What engine oil did you use?
1700681452730.png

/ Oil for CT20235 #4  
I purchase the 2.5 gal jugs of Mobil Delvac one ESP 5w40 full synthetic at tractor supply when Mobil runs the annual rebate offer (Apr-May). My final price per qt, after rebate is the same as Walmart supertech. Without the rebate, its expensive.

API.org