oil for GR 2100

/ oil for GR 2100 #1  

csr0831

Silver Member
Hey Guys....

Anyone know if its ok to use API - SL clasification in this diesel? Got plenty of it, but none of the "C" clasification oils. Thanks : )

Chris

/ oil for GR 2100 #2  
You need to put diesel oil in it. Save the gasoline oil for your car/other equipment.

/ oil for GR 2100 #3  
GR2100 is the gasoline engine, right? I believe G2110 is the diesel. Where are you located at? Hot climate, cold climate, or a mix of both? All of my equipment, gasoline or diesel, small or large enigne, offroad or onroad, gets Mobil 1 5w-40. This one oil covers all my applications. Philip.

/ oil for GR 2100
You need to put diesel oil in it. Save the gasoline oil for your car/other equipment.

Yeah, thats what I did, but it seems to me that I read somewhere that oils classified SL-SM also met the requirments for the same viscosity in the "C" oils. However, better safe then sorry...I went for the diesel oil.

/ oil for GR 2100
GR2100 is the gasoline engine, right? I believe G2110 is the diesel. Where are you located at? Hot climate, cold climate, or a mix of both? All of my equipment, gasoline or diesel, small or large enigne, offroad or onroad, gets Mobil 1 5w-40. This one oil covers all my applications. Philip.

The GR 2100 is the diesel...predecessor to the 2110.

/ oil for GR 2100 #6  
Yeah, thats what I did, but it seems to me that I read somewhere that oils classified SL-SM also met the requirments for the same viscosity in the "C" oils. However, better safe then sorry...I went for the diesel oil.

Most oils you find on the shelf at WM or local auto parts store are for gasoline vehicles, with an API S_ rating. The HDEO, usually in a different section, is rated C_. Most of the HDEO are dual rated for mixed fleets, usually carrying an older S_ rating as well. HDEO are typically found in 5w-40 and 15w-40 weights, but with searching at special stores (TSC, Rural King, Kubota dealer, JD dealer), you can also find 0w-40, 10w-30, 30, and 40 weights in HDEO. Philip.