Oil & Fuel Oil Leak on My 4320

/ Oil Leak on My 4320 #1  

ChrisJD4320

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320
I have 54 hours on my tractor. I was in the garage looking it over and I noticed the inside of the right front wheel had dirt covering the wheel. I wiped some off and it seemed to be oily. What the heck could it be? Some kind of a leaky oil seal? Brakes? I'm frustrated as this shouldn't happen to a new machine. GRRRRR!!!!

/ Oil Leak on My 4320
Update...I climbed underneath and in addition to the leak on the right front hub, I have a slight antifreeze leak too. It's definately going in for a check up.

/ Oil Leak on My 4320 #3  
They should take care of it for you with no hassle, my dealer has addressed any problems I have had with my 4320, which have been almost nill, but nonetheless, they handled them. I'm approaching 200 hrs. now and she has been a real pleasure to run........reliability......................got to love it!
How is your steering column noise? Hydraulic whine from that area? There is a seat belt recall for the 4x20's also. Certain production numbers I beleive?
Good luck you should have no worry!

/ Oil Leak on My 4320
Thanks Rob. I appreciate your words of encouragement. They really cheered me up! I will have them check my seatbelt. I do notice alot of steering noise when the tractor is cold. I THINK it goes away when warm. Is there a fix/recall? Let me know. Thanks again.

Chris

/ Oil Leak on My 4320 #5  
Chris, the steering noise does not really indicate a problem with the steering, It is just annoying. There is a remedy for this. It involves installing some insulating material in the steering column areas. It helps to quiet some of the normal hydraulic noises. Just let your dealer know and he should be aware of the situation. There are three pices of insulation involved. Part numbers are:
LVU16951, LVU16952, LVU16953. Good luck!

/ Oil Leak on My 4320
Thanks. Would the insulation be covered under warranty?