Oil & Fuel Oil out of exhaust

/ Oil out of exhaust #1  

woodyacres

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35SE
Hi Everyone,
I keep my DK35 in the garage and everything in front of my tractor is sprayed in oil. Is this normal during start-up (it is winter now)?

/ Oil out of exhaust #2  
I think you'll find it's nothing more than exhaust soot? They all do it due to the foreward facing exhaust discharge;I'm not sure thats better than the verticle option :confused: If, in fact, it is oil; Houston, we have a problem :eek:

/ Oil out of exhaust #3  
As Patches said , i think you will find it is soot . Condensation forms inside the exhaust and comes out as a sooty water spray when started . You may try pushing/tying an old air cleaner element over the stack to catch the spray on startup and then remove it once the tractor is outside . My truck does this also and it's always shedded . It's hard to get off a surface as it stains .

/ Oil out of exhaust #4  
Dan,

I would check and see if it is in fact "fresh" oil coming from the exhaust. If it is you have a cracked piston ring. The 20 hp Kioti that I had prior to my DK35 had a cracked ring and did the same thing. It is the oil in the crankcase pushing past the piston. A good check is keeping an eye on you oil level. If both are occurring, it is pretty much a sure thing that a ring is cracked.