Oil Question

/ Oil Question #11  
Being a retired mechanic... I change oil in most everything once a year.
cheap insurance. peace of mind.
Wasteing the oil? not really it gets recycled

/ Oil Question #12  
Usually, the manuals state xxx amount of hours or once a year, whatever comes first.
If you put your tractor away through winter, change the oil and filters before you put it back to work in the spring.
If you use your tractor through the winter, change oil and filters in fall. You don't wanna fiddle around with oil chugs or plugged filters at sub zero temps.

/ Oil Question
Usually, the manuals state xxx amount of hours or once a year, whatever comes first.
If you put your tractor away through winter, change the oil and filters before you put it back to work in the spring.
If you use your tractor through the winter, change oil and filters in fall. You don't wanna fiddle around with oil chugs or plugged filters at sub zero temps.
Subzero! Ha! I'll be lucky to see sub freezing for more than a week.

/ Oil Question #14  
One more opinion here. When I buy a piece of used equipment, which is mostly all that I buy, I go through it and change all the oil and filters. No telling what the previous owner did or used for oil. It痴 also sort of a ritual to learn the machine and make it mine.

/ Oil Question #15  
Diesels differ from gasoline engines if the oil you are comparing to is a gas engine truck. Even the newest emissions engines which are not allowed to burn oil like the older engines get blackened by soot quickly. My diesel pickup is a 2003 and my mini-excavator is 2005, but all my diesel tractors (4) are 2015 or newer. Can稚 tell the difference between them 30 hours after a change - they are all black. The newer ones have longer 400 hour change intervals. The best is to use the latest CK-4 oil which has better oxidation characteristics and reduced shear (oils, especially mineral oils with viscosity enhancers), can shear down so a 15W-40 becomes more like a 15W-30 at oil change time. Those characteristics, plus easier on any emissions system, are the reasons the CK-4 oil was introduced in 2016 to replace CJ-4.

^^Right you are.^^ In addition where low annual milage/short trips are the norm,moisture condenses throughout engine and oil. That require's oil change based on time rather than mileage. An engine used 15 minutes daily should have oil changed sooner than one used 4 hours twice per month. Once engine reaches operating temperature,continued use pull's moisture out through pcv.

/ Oil Question #16  
On so few hours I doubt you have a sludge buildup on the bottom of the oil pan.....but a finger wipe next time you have the drain plug out will answer that question. I bought a 1988 tractor last year with 900 hrs. Changed the oil and it immediately got dirty again. Drained and felt inside and found about シ" of sludge. New oil and filter and a can of Sea Foam in the crankcase and about a 30 minute run at moderate temps, non working, just sitting. Drained the oil and new filter again and it stayed clear this time and the finger wipe showed slight sludge...surface film sort of thing.

On manual info, I saw a picture of a 6530C like mine in a Korean rice field. I don't live in Northern Canada and only use my tractor for snow plow activities. Absolutely no way is my tractor subject to such harsh conditions. Therefore I use some common sense and what "I say" is good judgement when I follow OM recommendations. Your machine, your money, you do what you want.