Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system

/ Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system #21  
Interesting. Looks like a quick opeining valve on the lower side of that joy stick control valve. A red line right above it indicating a position of something when that valve is one way or the other. At least that's what it looks like to me.

/ Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system
Mmm .. yes that looks very similar to my loader all right.
So the original set up may have been joystick controlled??? ... or does mine pre-date this joystick model I wonder?
I'll get that picture of the piping posted over the weekend.
It's our busiest time of the year here with the `wet' starting

OK, here is the sketch of the piping
And on the manifold I found a painted-over plate
"DEU-YN"
"P-1285-03"
My YM2310D Hydraulics Controls_20131123_0002.jpg

Levers 1 & 2 are the FEL controls - all OK
Lever 3 must always stay `Down' for ANYTHING to work
The Ball Valve 4 needs to stay open for the FEL to work
With it open the TPL does not work no mater what I try
Closing the Ball Valve 4, allows the TPL to work

/ Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system #24  
I am going to copy a thread over showing a 2310 3 point control valve openings. Maybe you can identify which opening your line is coming out of on the way to the ball valve. http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=90222

Is the line going to the top of the transmission just a free flow return line? No pressure?

Your loader tag confirms your loader and control valve are genuine Japanese.

I know I am not offering anything to help but sure enjoying learning a little more. All the Yanmars I am aware of are plumbed with the pump discharge going through the loader control valve on the way to the 3 point control valve. Some with power beyond and some without. Yours seems to be just opposite.

Hello Winston1

The line with the ball valve is coming from the top of the 3PL and is pressurised

I looked at the weblink and yes, I have the exact same set-up on my 3PL, with the reserve inlet/outlet unused
The top line in that picture is what goes forward, through the ball valve, and to the loader valve manifold
The return to the top of the transmisson case is the line with the Tee in it (at the near/lower end of the manifold in my sketch)

Thanks to your patience I have a better understanding of what might be going on - how's this?
My third lever may be no longer functioning (it may be jammed always open)
Hence the ball valve, now doing what the 3rd lever would do by stopping flow to within the 3PL circuit (cut off from the FEL controls).
However, the 3rd lever has a return line, joining in at the Tee, and going back to the top of the transmission case
So if it would cycle fluid via the 3PL, operating it.
The ball valve is just a stop, fluid can only cycle inside the 3PL circuit locally at the 3PL, never reaching a return line - Ouch!
I can feel the engine strain under the constraint - I first flick the 3PL lever to UP then I close the ball valve and quickly open it again

I guess if I had a functional 3rd lever, it too would stop me using the FEL simultaneously, although it would return the fluid safely

So it's may be a 2 step fix now for me
1 Fix the 3rd lever and ditch the ball valve before I burst a line!
2 Look if there is a (re-plumbing) plan where the FEL can be used regardless of the 3PL

Cheers
Bob
Redlander

I've just re-read my last post and I must confess I am completely confused
The Manual sent by Hoyes ended up in Canada on its way to Australia ... now being returned to Hoyes.
So I'm in the dark

And running out of oil may have been a result of the oil being super pressurised within the 3PL circuit and finding its way out of small leaks

All the Yanmars I am aware of are plumbed with the pump discharge going through the loader control valve on the way to the 3 point control valve. Some with power beyond and some without. Yours seems to be just opposite.

Could you point me in the direction please?
Evidently I should be looking at re-doing the plumbing

/ Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system #29  
I Have the single joy stick style loader valve. I like it much better than having a dual lever control valve. Most (if not all) newer tractors have the single lever style. If you could get a single lever ,I think you would be much happier with your loader. Mine is plumbed as Winston described

The HP (High pressure) line coming off the hyd pump is cut. An adapter is installed on the steel line. Attach a rubber hyd hose to this adapter on the hp line. Route this hyd hose to the inlet of an open center loader valve. at this point you have supplied High pressure to your loader valve. Connect your other hoses to the loader work ports. the outlet on the valve will go to the tank (or return). Assuming this loader valve has a PB (power beyond) port Come out of the pb with a hose and feed the hp line to your 3 point . If you buy a new loader valve. be sure to buy if with a pb port and get the pb sleeve

/ Oil ran too low - Need to fill and bleed the system #30  
Could you point me in the direction please?
Evidently I should be looking at re-doing the plumbing

This is complicated and I don't want to give you advice that might do harm. Anything I say here is only speculation and not fact. Wish I could drive over and look at it with you.

I am still not completely clear which opening on the 3 point control valve goes to the ball valve. Not sure if your saying it is the top hose shown in the picture I attached? I will attach a scan with instructions about the plug mentioned in that thread. Not sure yours is installed or not.

I sure don't understand your loader control valve. I will also attach a sketch of a simple loader valve plumbing. I'm thinking I need to back off with all my speculations before I steer you the wrong direction. My daddy always said "You learn more when listening than when talking". Evidently, I didn't take that to heart. :D

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 87
  • scan0009.jpg
    scan0009.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 83