Oil recomendations Kubota

/ Oil recomendations Kubota #11  
If you want to be safe and have your tractor last a long time, just go with what Happyman and DieselPower said. I won't argue or disagree with sw03, but I also won't buy any used machines from him either.:D STP may (or may not) be OK in a racing engine that you're going to tear down after every 500 miles or less, but I sure wouldn't put it in anything else.

/ Oil recomendations Kubota #12  
I have run 15w-40 Amsoil HDEO and then there 5w-30. No more 15w-40 and that was years ago; based on UOA #'s.

/ Oil recomendations Kubota #13  
Can I get some opinions on using Kubota UDT vs. Super UDT?

My M6800HD book recommends using Super UDT. However, the dealer says they only use UDT unless the customer demands the use of Super. There is almost a $10 per gallon difference, but that is small potatoes in the big scheme of things.

What say you?

/ Oil recomendations Kubota #14  
Many people state better performance and less chatter with the Super UDT or use of other premium UTF fluids. If your manual recommends Super UDT then I would use that or a equivelant fluid.

/ Oil recomendations Kubota #15  
Can I get some opinions on using Kubota UDT vs. Super UDT?
My M6800HD book recommends using Super UDT.

I'd go with the SUDT.

I spoke with a service rep at Kubota headquarters in Atlanta, GA a few days ago. He told me to use SUDT in my M8540HD for the transmission/hydraulic fluid. He said that the SUDT was better for hydraulic shuttles, that some hydraulic shuttles with UDT made a "barking" sound. He said UDT was fine if you did not have the hydraulic shuttle.

He also suggested that I use 80W-90 gear oil in the front differential and front hub gear cases.

/ Oil recomendations Kubota #16  
Thanks for your replies gentlemen. And I must apologize for even asking the question. I have now learned how to use the search function, and it appears that this subject has been beaten like a rented mule for several years! It just may take me that long to read all the opinions.

/ Oil recomendations Kubota #17  
it appears that this subject has been beaten like a rented mule for several years!
LOL!!! :D