Oil Tanks in my Basement

/ Oil Tanks in my Basement #11  
jfh28 said:
You're in PA which goes by the International Building Code. It's a state wide code now so local officials do not have a lot of latitude to vary from what's in there. According to IBC, above ground or in basement maximum amount of oil is restricted to 660 gallons. Only two tanks may be hooked together. If you want a larger volume of oil you'll have to go with a buried tank.

This is correct. You are only allowed 660 gallons of storage in your basement. As far as installing a inground tank, check with your insurance company. Many will not insure houses with an inground tank. I have been in the trade for 8 years and never seen/heard of a inground tank being installed. I've condemned a lot of them though.

/ Oil Tanks in my Basement #12  
This thread is 4 years old!

mark

/ Oil Tanks in my Basement #14  
Didn't know there was a "best if used before" date ;-)

Good one,, this is only one of the reasons I Love this site,,:D

/ Oil Tanks in my Basement #15  
Frankm said:
I have 3 oil tanks out side in a shed , i have been useing them for 15 years , they were used when i got them , i seam to have a lot a sluge in them , and i have a filter on each tankl and a 2nd filter after that , but i have had to change my nozles about each week or so ,soon as i do it runs great , i changed the filter on the tank and the 2nd filter on the tank , and it ran good for two weeks now , tonight i had tochange the nozel there is no drain on the bottom of the old tanks , i see the new tanks dio have themnow , any idea what i can do ? should i get a new tank ? it is getting to be a real pain , Thanks Frank near Erie Pa

mjarrels said:
This thread is 4 years old!

mark

Powerstroke777 said:
Didn't know there was a "best if used before" date ;-)

hr3 said:
Good one,, this is only one of the reasons I Love this site,,:D

Since this thread is open for business again... Can we work on Franks problem;-) I'm pretty sure I have a solution. Don't want to step on any toes. I'm still a FNG around here.

/ Oil Tanks in my Basement #16  
see the new tanks dio have themnow , any idea what i can do ? should i get a new tank ? it is getting to be a real pain , Thanks Frank near Erie Pa

it was my understanding that the oil company can come out and clean them but i dont know what that entails our how much it costs.

/ Oil Tanks in my Basement #17  
A company I worked for a few years ago used to clean tanks. They stopped because it's more of a gimmick than any thing else. Cleaning a tank in a residental application such as this, typically masks another problem. BTW. Good to see life breathed back into a 4 year old thread :) (even if it is hijacked)