Oil... to change now or later???

/ Oil... to change now or later???
Thanks folks, I do appreciate the help. I'll probably change it out in the next month or so.
All the best,
Rowdy

/ Oil... to change now or later??? #12  
Hey folks, I have a L3010 that has given me great service over the last decade. This tractor does everything I need it to do, not to big, not to small. As much as I like the tractor I've not had as much seat time in the last few years as I would have liked. I changed the oil 3.5 years ago and since then I have operated it under 75 hours. I run Shell Rotella Synthetic oil. With this low number of hours should I change the oil or am I good for another year. Plus, what about my tranny fluid, I also changed it out 3.5 years ago. Thanks so much!!!
I have 3 B2150 4 cyl diesel Kubota's in 2 different locations which I do not put many hours on per year. About like you, 75 or anyway under 100 hours per year. All over 250 miles away. This past fall I just got up the urge and changed the oil and filters in all 3 tractors on the same trip. In my opinion there is no real need to change the oil on low hour machines more than once very 4 or 5 years. I'd do it every 4 or 5 years (and have) just for a "catch-all" not out of any necessity. I use ordinary Rotella not synthetic. I do not buy into the great and wonderful features of synthetics either. As for your hydraulic fluid my answer is NEVER. I will change the hyd fluid filter (high priced on all brands) every few years and watch for signs of contamination and/or operating issues but in my view there is no good reason to screw with transmission fluid. Maybe a little more reason in the case of an HST (only one of my B2150's is HST and I've only had it a year) to change the tranny fluid. Still nothing urgent about it.