Oil & Fuel Oil Type for your Kubota........

/ Oil Type for your Kubota........ #61  
What type or brand of oil do you use in your engine on your kubota? My kubota dealer uses John Deere brand oil (15w/40). It's $3.49 qt. I asked him if there was any other oil to use and he recomended Delo 400 (15W40). I called my local auto parts store and the Delo 400 is $9.99 per gal. Any thoughts? It's about time to change my oil and I thought of switching oil but continueing to buy kubota oil filters.
Donny

go with the best stuff you can get for your kubota and get reg. oil filters

/ Oil Type for your Kubota........ #62  
I use Delo 400 in mine...Has worked very well...Good luck.

Don

/ Oil Type for your Kubota........ #63  
Personally, i would opt for a more expensive better quality filter than Fram. I use the K&N, but I use the oil form walmart and chose the Rotella synthetic 5W40. I like the 5W40 especially in the Winter. I can hear a difference at start.

/ Oil Type for your Kubota........ #64  
i love my bota but "anyything" that you buy that says Kubota on it is very expensive compared to comparable parts-even for other tractors- we also have a green one. If Kobota was a little more reasonable they would sell a lot more parts, fluids etc. Guess they think they have a cash cow and people will pay more to use them- we don't, my neighbors don't and I really don't know a lot that do. Come on Kabota -wake up and smell the roses-we love you but you're and expensive bride so we'll keep dating the bridesmaid.

/ Oil Type for your Kubota........ #65  
I use Shell Rotella T 15W-40 ($8.00/gallon at WalMart last time I bought it). Rotella T isn't all that great of an oil, but if you change it at 50hr intervals like you are supposed to, it's fine.

JayC

Why do you say it isn t that great?

/ Oil Type for your Kubota........ #66  
I kicked this around on here and other sites for several weeks while doing research...I ended up using Mobile One FULL Synthetic 10W 40....20 hrs since the last change with no problems. Synthetic will go into all of the internal combustion chamber engines that I OWN....synthetics do not break down as fast as dino oils and...I have seen this in person...If you develope a leak or forget to check oil regular and for some reason run out of oil the possibility of burning up your engine is less when using synthetic oil than with dino...I have seen this first hand where someone would run an engine DRY and not have any substantial damage due to the synthetic film being on the engine parts and the film that was left not breaking down.....not saying that an engine will not burn up with synthetics but that it will have a fighting chance with synthetics should you hve a failure of the oil pump or run out of oil for some reason.

/ Oil Type for your Kubota........ #67  
I kicked this around on here and other sites for several weeks while doing research...I ended up using Mobile One FULL Synthetic 10W 40....20 hrs since the last change with no problems. Synthetic will go into all of the internal combustion chamber engines that I OWN....synthetics do not break down as fast as dino oils and...I have seen this in person...If you develope a leak or forget to check oil regular and for some reason run out of oil the possibility of burning up your engine is less when using synthetic oil than with dino...I have seen this first hand where someone would run an engine DRY and not have any substantial damage due to the synthetic film being on the engine parts and the film that was left not breaking down.....not saying that an engine will not burn up with synthetics but that it will have a fighting chance with synthetics should you hve a failure of the oil pump or run out of oil for some reason.

Fighting chance? If your engine "runs out of oil for some reason" it's OVER!

/ Oil Type for your Kubota........ #68  
I am running with Rotella T5 10W-30 synthetic blend that I found at wally world.

/ Oil Type for your Kubota........ #69  
Yeah I still cringe everytime I change the oil in the wife's Honda Pilot...they insist on a 5w-20, I started in the era when I put 20w-50 in everything:eek:

Skyco, don't worry over the oil in the Honda Pilot. I worked for a local Honda dealer for 30+ years. I have had many many weeks of factory trainning over the years. Honda sets some of the tightest bearing and other spece I have ever seen. My Wifes Honda Pilot has over 200 thousand miles on it and never had any problems. And yea I use 5 W20 in it. Just change it when it is time and you will be fine. One thing though don't forget about your coolant and timing belt. If the belt breaks your valves bend.