OK, decision time: 28 or 35

/ OK, decision time: 28 or 35 #51  
Now you have me thinking about adding in the 'standard' Deutz turbo...

All the best, Peter

/ OK, decision time: 28 or 35
Now you have me thinking about adding in the 'standard' Deutz turbo...

All the best, Peter

Do it! MORE POWER. Umm. LOL

I'm not sure my 3 Cyl F1011 had a turbo option. Frankly, I've never had a lack of power on that tractor. It will spin the wheels easily when pushed. And this is with the larger 26" tires. I have the smaller duels (23" ?) but added the 26's PT offered as an option before they introduced the 1445.

I'm not sure of the brand of the VD pump, so I haven't looked up the specs. Consequently, I don't know the maximum RPM's for the pump. However, if memory serves right, the max RPM for the engine is 3300. I have an RPM gauge and never get the tractor over 3000. It seems to have plenty of power. Then again, I don't use the mower anymore ether.

/ OK, decision time: 28 or 35 #53  
I'm one of the slope mowing folks that probably does run out of power. I mow 25-30 degree slopes with a 72" brush cutter that takes a little bit of HP. Well, OK, all of the HP. Lifting the mower and backing up the hill helps, but ultimately it does get down to HP.

I realize that adding the turbo would also necessitate a significant boost in the tub cooling...

Most Deutz engines can get a turbo, but it may not be simple. If the engine didn't come from the factory as a turbo, the challenge is working out what all you need to have to get the engine upgraded. You have to start at your engine serial number and Deutz can work it up.

Of course, a new engine is about $5-8k, so it may not be worth the effort.

All the best,

Peter

/ OK, decision time: 28 or 35 #54  
Just curious, Does Power Trac offer the 35 and 40 HP engines in the PT-425 now. A month or so Terry did tell me for about $500 more you could upgrade to the EFI 28 HP Robin. And he checked with the higher ups, no chance of getting a new 425 with a Kohler.

/ OK, decision time: 28 or 35 #55  
From what I had been told by the Deutz technician, if the engine did not come from the factory as a turbo, then you basically would ruin your engine by adding it.

Ken

/ OK, decision time: 28 or 35 #56  
Tom-

I keep coming here hoping to see a picture of the new engine. Hurry up already! :D :D

We could take a vote to help you chose.

I vote MORRR POWRRR! OPM (Other People's Money) is the best kind to spend!

Although I personally would like to take a crack at shoehorning in the Kawasaki 31 liquid cooled engine...

/ OK, decision time: 28 or 35
Will order this weekend....

/ OK, decision time: 28 or 35 #58  
Although I personally would like to take a crack at shoehorning in the Kawasaki 31 liquid cooled engine...
Do it!! :applause: