OK New Kama question, it is dying under a load

/ OK New Kama question, it is dying under a load #1  

Maka

Veteran Member
Tractor
None at the moment
OK, I have a question now on this tractor. It seems that after owner uses his tractor under a load for 5 or 10 minutes that it just dies and he can't start it for 15 minutes or so.

We have checked the injectors, check all fuel lines, pump etc. and all seems fine. It is not being lugged down so I know it must be something wrong with the fuel system and it again should be simple. Anyone have any ideas of what to look for in this situation?

Thanks

/ OK New Kama question, it is dying under a load #2  
It is running out of fuel. On the Kama's we had real problems with junk in the tank plugging the line coming out. When we checked it fluid would come out so it was deceiving. But it was restricting it enough to cause a loss of power and it would take about 15 min to restart.

Buck

/ OK New Kama question, it is dying under a load
Thanks Buck. It is deceiving as we have been stumped. We will check this. Anyone other ideas.

Thanks,
Bob

/ OK New Kama question, it is dying under a load #4  
If it's the same TS254 you asked about earlier, there's a screen in the banjo fitting that feeds the fuel pump. That's fuel pump, not injection pump. I assume the 15 minute restarting time involves bleeding and priming.

Another hint that this screen may be blocked, would be an accumulation in the bottom of the sediment bowl. If there's no accumulation evident, there may be another screen above it - inside the tank - on the pipe that fills the sediment bowl. I know there's one there on JM254s (same engine), but not sure on the TS254.

Anyway. During the 15 minute bleeding/priming process, the fuel filter (re)fills - and basically becomes your fuel tank. Another 15 minutes is about what it takes for the engine to burn the amount held in the fuel filter - when it's not being resupplied by the fuel pump.

//greg//

/ OK New Kama question, it is dying under a load
Thanks, it is the same. I appreciate this help guys and will see how we fare.

Thanks

/ OK New Kama question, it is dying under a load #6  
I have a 2004 TS354C with 100 hours on it and I had a problem at first with sediment in the tank. At about 60 hours again fuel and power problems occur. Drain tank,disassemble fuel line and tank fitting, clean banjo fitting screen, and tractor runs good for another 40 hours. This summer mowing it happens again. I pull the tank and found a square foot size cloth rag in the tank. It was right on the fuel fitting. I believe it has been there all the time. If you find any cloth threads in the banjo screen or anywhere else you need to check in the tank. You will not be able to see the fuel fitting area from the filler cap because of the baffle. You must remove the fuel sender gauge to see that area. I think someone else had a rag in their tank some time back. Good luck. Kidney

/ OK New Kama question, it is dying under a load #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think someone else had a rag in their tank some time back. )</font>

Haven't heard that one before. But others have reported finding teflon tape gumming up the works.

//greg//