OK,now that Illinois has a conceal carry law,who is going to sign up?

/ OK,now that Illinois has a conceal carry law,who is going to sign up? #41  
I have recently bought a Ruger LCP. Its a very small pocket pistol in 380. I have put about 150 rounds through it. I'm having a little problem with it not going fully into battery about every 10 to 20 rounds that I will have to resolve. I have mixed feeling about the 380 round. It won't exactly double as an elephant gun to say the least.

Try Hornady Critical Defense .380 ammo. It does feed quite well due the configuration of the nose of the bullet.
Have you had feeding problems with standard ball ammo? If so, I suggest you get a couple hundred rounds through it (using ball ammo) for break-in before carrying.
The only time I get a feed problem is after inserting a mag in the well, then racking the slide. I'll get an occasional misfeed. That does not happen if I use the slide release. I'm pretty sure I'm not releasing the slide as quickly as I should when gripping the slide and releasing. For my, that's likely due to partial mobility in my hand due a stroke (many years ago).
I normally carry a .38 snubby in my pocket. It's a Taurus 85 with an aluminum frame...not quite as light as the LCP, but close.

/ OK,now that Illinois has a conceal carry law,who is going to sign up? #42  
Yeah, I've been using ball ammo. I've done some reading and its common that the first round won't go into battery when racking the slide, but my problem has occurred after firing. I may have to send it back to Ruger. It seems like a problem that has occurred with other people after reading some Ruger forums.

/ OK,now that Illinois has a conceal carry law,who is going to sign up? #43  
Yeah, I've been using ball ammo. I've done some reading and its common that the first round won't go into battery when racking the slide, but my problem has occurred after firing. I may have to send it back to Ruger. It seems like a problem that has occurred with other people after reading some Ruger forums.

I use my LCP as a vest pocket gun...and never as a primary weapon...for me, it's a "New York Reload".

As I wrote, I haven't had any feeding problems (except for what I described previously). Are you using different magazines...with the same results?

/ OK,now that Illinois has a conceal carry law,who is going to sign up? #44  
I 3 different magazines. Before I send it back to Ruger, I'm going to number the mags with a sharpie and see if I can isolate the problem to one mag.

/ OK,now that Illinois has a conceal carry law,who is going to sign up? #45  

Not only is this good advice, but this is a fact. I pray I will never have to use my firearm to defend myself.

+1 on that!

/ OK,now that Illinois has a conceal carry law,who is going to sign up? #47  
+2...and wouldn't it be awful to need a firearm and not have it....? That must be where the jury of 12 or being carried by 6 comes in...Ya think ?

You'll get no argument from me there!

/ OK,now that Illinois has a conceal carry law,who is going to sign up? #48  
+2...and wouldn't it be awful to need a firearm and not have it....? That must be where the jury of 12 or being carried by 6 comes in...Ya think ?

Yep, I agree. Actually I have used my firearm to defend myself, a couple of times. Fortunately no shots were fired.

/ OK,now that Illinois has a conceal carry law,who is going to sign up? #49  
But if a woman is good in how she uses it, it can get the job done! :)

Didn't say it wouldn't do the job but is a favorite for most women. A pellet gun can do the job if put in the right place

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet