old 2 cycle mix

/ old 2 cycle mix #21  
Like most everyone here, I put what is left in my SUV. I try to manage how much is left. In other words, I try to have very little left by the end of the season to have to put in the car, and I run my little engines dry so there is no carryover. This would be true for both 2 and 4 strokes.

/ old 2 cycle mix #22  
Old thread but I was searching to see what the consensis was here on TBN for dealing with leftover 2 cycle fuels.

I mix small quantities, usually a gallon, but I have 4 tools which use different mixes. I have two older tools, a brush cutter and a leaf blower that are 32:1, and I have two newer tools Stihl chainsaw and a Stihl stick edger that are 50:1. SO I have two single gaool containers of mix going all summer and usually that one gallon I mix in the spring will last me through mowing season. In the past what has been left is a quart or less. I have usually held on to it and just added it to the next years mix but I wonder if I should just dump in the tractor gas tank and burn it off. The tractor is a 75 Ford so now as finicky about its diet as newer machines I would expect. The fuel tank is only about 10 or 12 gallons IIRC and I would be adding a quart or less so I don't think it would be too bad but interested in others opinions on the subject before I proceed.

/ old 2 cycle mix #23  
I would add it. I have stuff like this that i put into my old chevy K10 350ci truck. It uses it all no hickups. I have a second fuel filter on it as well to help catch rust particulates before they make it up to the tiny carb fuel filter.

/ old 2 cycle mix #24  
Old thread but I was searching to see what the consensis was here on TBN for dealing with leftover 2 cycle fuels.

I mix small quantities, usually a gallon, but I have 4 tools which use different mixes. I have two older tools, a brush cutter and a leaf blower that are 32:1, and I have two newer tools Stihl chainsaw and a Stihl stick edger that are 50:1. SO I have two single gaool containers of mix going all summer and usually that one gallon I mix in the spring will last me through mowing season. In the past what has been left is a quart or less. I have usually held on to it and just added it to the next years mix but I wonder if I should just dump in the tractor gas tank and burn it off.
I have a similar predicament. I mix the 50:1 for the stihl and the outboard (expensive motors) and just use it in the weedwhacker. I do not run the weed whacker very hard and not at all on hot days so it gets by fine. It the old days we used to run less oil in the outboard for trolling than we did for skiing. It prevented plug fouling at low speed. Now a days variable injection oiling makes those decision in the fancy two strokes.
Old gas is used to top off the mower or in fall it goes in the snowmobile tank.

/ old 2 cycle mix #25  
I had the same issue, not any more. I switched over to Arnold One Ratio. Its a synthetic 2cycle oil that us good for all mixes from 16/1 through 100/1. Works great and less plug fouling. Plus I caught it on sale at Menards, 3 packs for $1. Each pack does a gallon.

http://www.menards.com/main/mobile/p-1723220.htm

Chris

/ old 2 cycle mix #26  
If its fresh 2 cycle gas, I'll run it in the lawnmower, snowblower or generator and use it up. I try to mix it with fresh gas and continue to run the equipment with another tank of of gas after that.

Questionable, stale or contaminated fuel is mixed with my waste oil and sent to my freinds shop. His waste oil furnace can filter and burn that kind of stuff.

/ old 2 cycle mix #27  
if you have a gasser ford.. it will eat that mixer.. mine does... no issues.

the dilution you have will be fine.

i have a couple old gassers i feed atf into the gas too...

/ old 2 cycle mix #28  
I had the same issue, not any more. I switched over to Arnold One Ratio. Its a synthetic 2cycle oil that us good for all mixes from 16/1 through 100/1. Works great and less plug fouling. Plus I caught it on sale at Menards, 3 packs for $1. Each pack does a gallon.

Arnold 1 Oil Universal 2 Cycle Oil at Menards

Chris

Very interesting, never saw this stuff before, i will have to look for it. sounds like the answer to my problems all wrapped up in one.

Thanks DP.

/ old 2 cycle mix #29  
sparc said:
Very interesting, never saw this stuff before, i will have to look for it. sounds like the answer to my problems all wrapped up in one.

Thanks DP.

Yep, love the stuff. I am sold.

Chris

/ old 2 cycle mix #30  
Many of the off brand 2 stroks i think claim you can use them in all previous mix ratio engines. I think i still would hesitate to run 50:1 anything in a 16:1 engine. But thats just me.