Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe
Thanks I'll be ordering that soon. Just got her unloaded. First backhoe newbie question -- where is the serial number plate these units. Want to verify I"m getting the right manual.

I agree completely, and here is a complete service manual for the 580CKdownloadable from Tradebit for $19.99. These downloads are exactly what they are advertised. I downloaded one for my New Holland LB75B and could not be happier.

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #12  
looks like your going to be busy, it'll probably out work you :D

What is the maximum hydraulic pressure on the 580CK? Need to replace one hose and wondering if the 3/4" line rated at 2250 psi from tractor supply is strong enough.

Having download issues with the service manual now, so can not lookup yet.

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #16  
With the front ended lifted like in the pic check for play in the front spindle bearings. They get pounded during backhoe use & are easier to fix before they are completely shot. I have 580 CK with manual extend-a-hoe & it's a real digging machine on both ends. Don't get carried away with hose changing, wait till they break. I've still got several original hoses. I have parts & shop manuals but find most part numbers have changed but parts are still available. Don't try to get cylinder seals until disassembly as there's many variables. Take old seals to dealer or hydraulic shop & they'll get you a match but won't usually know what you need from part numbers.
That's a good price, at least for around here. I wouldn't sell mine for less than $5k. MikeD74t

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #17  
Here is a handy link too.
CASE

Select "parts and service" in the top menu, and navigate through to where you enter your model number. Exploded views of your complete unit, location of serial numbers on your machine, etc.

If you want to search online for parts, copy and paste the part number, and Google it.

Also, if you need brake parts, these guys are tough to beat. For now, you will need to call for pricing, and ordering.. They are in the process of setting up and online storefront. It is well worth calling for the pricing, and ordering.

I guess it's lucky for me they are located here in Ohio. If I order parts before 10:00 a.m., they are at my door the next day.

Remanufactured Transmissions, Torque Converters, Engines - Joseph Industries

I replaced the one leaking hose today and added hydraulic fluid. Went out and did some trial digging. First thing I noticed is I suck at it... I saw another hose leak on the bucket curl. I blew a hose on one of the outriggers. Guess I tried to take a little to big of bite . I'm going to be come very good friends with the guy at the hydraulic shop I think.

Ok-- now something that surprised me. The hour meter works. 2447.9 hours on the machine now. If that is truly the hours -- that is amazing for a 40 year old machine.

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #19  
Probably 12447.9 hours. I don't think that it shows tens of thousands of hours, I know that mine didn't.

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #20  
Did you find the serial number? In my 580K manual they picture nine different locations. I.e. for the unit, rops, transmission, engine, bucket etc.
The one that you want is on the horizontal door sill. Just open the door to see it. Unfortunately the operator manual doesn't say whether it's the driver door or the passengers.