Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #51  
What size are the metal crossover tubes, to the left side cylinder..?? I'd think they would match the hose ID.

I checked the Case Construction site for those hoses. It gives length, but no diameter.

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #52  
Thanks for the great idea.

The hardline diameters are:
Front raise/lift: 0.63 (all hardlines incl. from control to tees and crossover lines away from tees)
Front tilt/dump: 0.50 (all hardlines incl. from control area to tees and hardlines attached to tilt cylinders
Main pump output: 1.00
Front control to backhoe: 1.00 (each of 2 lines)
Backhoe plumbing: 0.75

These are of course, OUTSIDE diameters. I just measured them with a digital caliper.

Do you have a direct link to place that shows the lengths? I've not been able to find the area on the Case site that has the older 580CKs. I've only found the area for the newer 580s (L, M and R models I think).

This particular 580CK is the basic model (no extendahoe, no Drott bucket, no grapple, no auxiliary hydraulics). It does have the bucket leveling cylinder which works well, but I think that was standard back in 1970.

What size are the metal crossover tubes, to the left side cylinder..?? I'd think they would match the hose ID.

I checked the Case Construction site for those hoses. It gives length, but no diameter.

Last edited:
   / Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #53  
CASE

This may be the site you wee looking at, same as me. But I didn't think to look what series. I just entered 580CK, and looked at that.

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #54  
Thanks. I tried again and ended up at this page:

Case Original Parts Catalog

After getting on the Case Original Parts Catalog, click on "Launch Parts Catalog" link. (NOTE: Below that link, there's a video that shows how to use the online catalog.)

Next, enter 580 in the box near the top, left side (Model:). After this, you'll see a number of choices on the left hand side of the screen. For example, expanding "33 BACKHOE FOR 580CK" actually shows the complete backhoe and loader plus many of the other systems. Expanding "580 CASE CONSTRUCTION KING TRACTOR" ends up with very helpful information on things like the instruments, electrical system, brakes, starter, etc. Don't just enter 580ck as that will block the information found under the "580 tractor" category.

Thanks again DJ54 for getting me to this site. This will save a lot of time.

I will need to replace some worn out bushings and I'm guessing that Case is the best place to buy them at.

CASE

This may be the site you wee looking at, same as me. But I didn't think to look what series. I just entered 580CK, and looked at that.

Last edited:
   / Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #55  
hi,I am sps lokesh from india.it's not a old tractor, i think it's a '67
someone added a kelly 40 3 point hitch backhoe,
I'm looking for the draft arms and linkages, want to
use the 3 point hitch and PTO.
can't seam to find anything out there, thanks..
====================
Construction Equipments Supplier

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #56  
hi,I am sps lokesh from india.it's not a old tractor, i think it's a '67
someone added a kelly 40 3 point hitch backhoe,
I'm looking for the draft arms and linkages, want to
use the 3 point hitch and PTO.
can't seam to find anything out there, thanks..
====================
Construction Equipments Supplier

I'd suggest getting the exact model, and serial number of your tractor. There were changes at certain serial number breaks, on certain parts.

I found a place that has a lot of Case Equipment salvage parts. Although all their 580's all seem to have backoes attached. You could send them a message, and see if they may have something in stock, that is not listed. A lot of these salvage yards are in constant contact with each other, I'm sure. Maybe they could direct you to one.

Here is the link Heavy Equipment Salvage and Parts: Southern Tractor Service and Salvage

At least it's a start to looking for what you want. Again, exact model number, and serial number seem to be the first thing they ask for. It seems in that era, there were lot's of these models sold without backhoes, and just a loader tractor, and many used box blades behind them, requiring the 3 pt. arms. There has to be some out there somewhere.

Hope this helps..!!

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #57  
Thanks. I tried again and ended up at this page:

Case Original Parts Catalog

After getting on the Case Original Parts Catalog, click on "Launch Parts Catalog" link. (NOTE: Below that link, there's a video that shows how to use the online catalog.)

Next, enter 580 in the box near the top, left side (Model:). After this, you'll see a number of choices on the left hand side of the screen. For example, expanding "33 BACKHOE FOR 580CK" actually shows the complete backhoe and loader plus many of the other systems. Expanding "580 CASE CONSTRUCTION KING TRACTOR" ends up with very helpful information on things like the instruments, electrical system, brakes, starter, etc. Don't just enter 580ck as that will block the information found under the "580 tractor" category.

Thanks again DJ54 for getting me to this site. This will save a lot of time.

I will need to replace some worn out bushings and I'm guessing that Case is the best place to buy them at.

Yeah, I entered the 580 by itself, and got lots of hits. If you have your units serial number, plus knowing what type, or style of front axle, hoe, loader, etc., you can go down the list, and choose what you have.

As with my old 310B, there were several hoes used on it, and maybe two types of loaders. The tags were gone off of mine, showing the model numbers. I ended up getting part numbers off the cylinders, then finding the one that matched up using those cylinders.

I copied, and pasted many part numbers to Google, and found lots of aftermarket parts. Sometime you get a hit, sometimes not. I also used NAPA's online site, to cross reference/interchange bearing, and seal numbers, then Googled that number. Once you find the universal number, of the corporation part number, of said bearing, or seal..., you're golden.

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #58  
The best way to replace hoses is to take the old one to a shop that fabricates them, even the dealers are usually reasonable about what they charge and they'll make them up while you wait.
Early 580ck had the 32 hoe but most had the 33 hoe, the 35 was for 580B it has dual boom cylinders.

/ Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #59  
I've located a company in Kansas that has a visual online parts identification and ordering system. It's based off the Case Original Parts Catalog mentioned earlier.

Case 580CK Parts Diagram Lookup

It's nice because the diagrams have little yellow squares around the diagram ident numbers, and these are "clickable" to get you to the individual part which shows up in a list at right. Some of the parts even have the price and in stock info, while others say "Price: Will contact you with pricing information after order is submitted."

There are many other Case machines covered at this site. In fact, it's possible some 580CK questions could be answered by looking at 580B, as in exploring that, I've already answered a 580CK machine question. To view other machines, there is a rectangular box near the top right of the page labeled "Select Another Model."

Last edited:
   / Old Case 580CK for farm backhoe #60  
I have Conroe in my favorites too. Pretty handy to look at OEM prices, then look for aftermarket parts, and compare.

You can actually find that same list on the Case Construction site, just click on the online store. It will ask you to select a dealer to go through, to see the pricing.

The, "Will contact you with pricing..., etc." I found.., either means " assume the position", or the part is not available anymore. Found that out, when trying to get a price on one of the metal lines going back the boom for the extenda-hoe.

As for the tractor only part itself, I found that buying parts through an agricultural dealer can be around 10% less. Here is a link to Messicks, that is a sponsor here. They also post prices. Case IH Parts