Old logging pictures

/ Old logging pictures #2  
Very cool old pics, Man I guess trees were alot bigger back then! At least the ones they were allowed to harvest.

Can those be legit, like #22 with that huge pile of logs being pulled by a team of horses?

That hollowed log home was pretty interesting, whole new meaning of a "log home"

JB.

/ Old logging pictures
I have a bunch of old books on logging and stuff and I really think the horse log pile is legit. It's amazing they could do that stuff. Apparently they pulled wagons of water along the roads and they froze to ice. I would have thought they'd add more horses though.

/ Old logging pictures #4  
Thanks for the photo's. :thumbsup:

The ones with the horses are interesting. One could surmise there were no grades on the haul road.

Some of the smaller trucks also prove intriguing noting the size of load compared to the size of truck.:D

/ Old logging pictures #5  
I've posted this photo of my family's logging operation in the Ozarks before but it seems fitting to post it again here.

Those western logs make the Ozark logs look like toothpicks.

They didn't use horses. My grandmother told me that they didn't care for horse meat but after the steers got too old to pull they made a good dinner. :licking:

Attachments

• TimberYard.jpg
    TimberYard.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,210
   / Old logging pictures #6  
That gives a whole other meaning to the term logging.
When man where still man.
:thumbsup:

/ Old logging pictures #9  
Those are some big logs!

/ Old logging pictures #10  
Those photos show 12 oxen pulling much more than my 45 HP Kubota can pull so I assume that 12 cowpower is a lot more than 45 HP. :laughing:

When you figure that 12 oxen might weigh as much as 12,ooo lbs it's not so surprising. MikeD74T