old Oliver Lime spreader??

/ old Oliver Lime spreader?? #11  
Don't put in more material than you want to spread. To empty, just keep driving. To Clean after fertilize use, I always backed mine in a pond and sloshed it around, pulled it out, raised the lids, let the sun dry it out and finally lubed it up real good with used motor oil. Ken Sweet

/ old Oliver Lime spreader?? #12  
Wonder if my 500 cc Polaris four wheeler will pull this loaded?

I'd be surprised if you can hook it up.

The Ezee Flow that I use won't hook to mine because the operating lever hits the back rack on the ATV.

If you can attach it, I think the 500 will pull it. because it wont have much tongue weight at all

Mine is similar to the one linked. It is about 8 ft between the wheels

When I get done, I rinse it well with water and let it dry, then come back later and mist it with a mix of diesel fuel and motor oil that I keep in a garden sprayer

/ old Oliver Lime spreader?? #13  
Just finished overhauling a 10 foot EZEE Flow and posted pictures in a new thread. Will spread Ag Lime and pelletized anything plus small seed if you mix with fertilizer. Let me know if you have any questions. I would guess they are made the same.

FarmForWildlife

/ old Oliver Lime spreader?? #14  
Hey HCJ Tractor,

I just noticed that we are both in the upstate of SC. Where did you find your spreader? I found mine on one of those country drives when I saw the tongue sticking up out of some grass. I had been looking for one for a while and it was pure luck. I grew up in Ohio and finding old implements in the upstate of SC is a little difficult. Let me guess....you are planting food plots.

/ old Oliver Lime spreader?? #15  
Saturday I found 2 EZ Flows and 1 John Deere all at the same place. No one was home, so I did not get the prices? Ken Sweet

/ old Oliver Lime spreader??
Hey HCJ Tractor,

I just noticed that we are both in the upstate of SC. Where did you find your spreader? I found mine on one of those country drives when I saw the tongue sticking up out of some grass. I had been looking for one for a while and it was pure luck. I grew up in Ohio and finding old implements in the upstate of SC is a little difficult. Let me guess....you are planting food plots.

sorry for the late reply, but I found mine on Craigslist. I am in Greenville, and yes, food plots are my brand of farming. Where can you get ag lime around here? What does it cost? I still have not picked up this spreader yet. Hope to get it this weekend and look it over more closely.

/ old Oliver Lime spreader?? #17  
The direction and settings you have inside the lid is what im looking for. I have an old Oliver 8ft drop spreader and the direction sheet is gone. If you could shoot me a picture of it that would be great.