Old sawmill ,the big round blade type

/ Old sawmill ,the big round blade type #11  
Go for it. As others have said I'd love to be in your shoes. Would really like to have a circle mill but it's on down the list and I haven't found one reasonable yet.

Where did you say it was? Laughing.

/ Old sawmill ,the big round blade type #12  
We had a sawmill as a kid- used to contract out with the state forests and set up and cut on site during the fall and winter. 4' round blade and a travelling carriage for the log. Cut a lot of wood before we got out of the business in early 1960. Had a couple of power units for belt drives. Had an edger to trim the boards. - Go for it!

/ Old sawmill ,the big round blade type
Go for it. As others have said I'd love to be in your shoes. Would really like to have a circle mill but it's on down the list and I haven't found one reasonable yet.

Where did you say it was? Laughing.

In west virginia , down the road on the right .

/ Old sawmill ,the big round blade type #14  
My neighbor has one,sawed a lot of wood in it's day. Powered by a Rolls Royce diesel ! He is 91 now, great knowledge of the woods and all things mechanical .

Great photos of your neighbors mill. How long ago were those photos taken because if those are pretty current he is doing all right!

/ Old sawmill ,the big round blade type #15  
How is it powered? If it's by tractor PTO, I'd go for it.

Used to lend my Farmall H to a guy who had one like this because his little Ford didn't have the HP to run it. He cut a lot of lumber with that thing and I was amazed how accurate it was.

He was quite a character too. Built a rack on the back of his motorcycle to bring the blades to the shop that would sharpen them. It was quite a sight to see him going down the highway with those big circular blades bolted upright on that rack catching all that wind!

/ Old sawmill ,the big round blade type #16  
In west virginia , down the road on the right .

Know exactly where now. (Not really.) If you decide against it I might be interested. But really those are nice to have around so you should give it a try. Any pictures?

/ Old sawmill ,the big round blade type #17  
If you go to Lanesville Indiana for there Heritage days they have a circular saw mill that is running off of old steam engines as well as other power. its really cool.

/ Old sawmill ,the big round blade type
Know exactly where now. (Not really.) If you decide against it I might be interested. But really those are nice to have around so you should give it a try. Any pictures?

No pictures , its 3 or 4 hours away . My buddy said i can have it . Now I have to find the time to go check it out .

/ Old sawmill ,the big round blade type #20  
Dragging a tree out of the woods and cutting it into lumber is very satisfying. If you have a need for the lumber you will like it. If not, the amount of work it takes to get one board will be disappointing. I would like to have a circular saw mill, I like the old-school pattern it leaves on the boards.