Old Sears Suburban SS12

/ Old Sears Suburban SS12 #21  
Check to see if the flywheel key is intact

/ Old Sears Suburban SS12
Yep, flywheel key is intact. I've had the flywheel off 3 or 4 times. I've had the magneto off and found a broken wire. That is why I originally wasn't getting spark.

Still continuing to mess with this when I have time. I've done a clean and install new gaskets and such in the carb. Still no start though. In playing around with this, you can feel suction on the carb as it is trying to suck air in. You can also feel air coming out of the exhaust as it turns over. Since I've been messing with this, now whenever I turn the fuel on and turn the engine over fuel comes out of a hole in the fuel pump. I've order a rebuild kit for the fuel pump. It should be here sometime this week.

/ Old Sears Suburban SS12 #24  
i have a 1970 sears suburban and i dont know what to set the points at hope some one can help me at this thank you

/ Old Sears Suburban SS12 #26  
mine has a switch on the shifter. it will only start with the clutch pushed in and the shifter in neutral & in the back center position...

/ Old Sears Suburban SS12 #27  
have a 12hp suburban tractor, but cannot find were the shorting wire goes and connects to. anyone with good pictures or good diagram would be appreciated runs fine just cant shut off thru key beacuse wirefrom ignition not connected to motor somewhere .

/ Old Sears Suburban SS12 #28  
Do you happen to no what year your Suburban tractor is. also, what kind of engine is in it... does it have a PTO.

Do you happen to no what year your Suburban tractor is. also, what kind of engine is in it... does it have a PTO.

Mine is about a '72 or '73. It has the 12 HP Tecumseh. I haven't messed with it in a while, but with starting fluid I will get occasional "fires" but sounds like the timing is off. I haven't pulled the flywheel off yet to get a new woodruff key.

/ Old Sears Suburban SS12 #30  
It could be a blown head gasket too