Old Snapper Rear Tine Tiller

/ Old Snapper Rear Tine Tiller #1  

tennesseez

Tractor
Snapper Rear Tine
Greetings from East Tennessee!!;)
I have an old Snapper Rear tine Tiller....Model?? No Clue, but I am guessing it is at least 40 years old. Its Very Heavy Duty, came originally with an 8HP Briggs. 4 or 5 forward speeds, one reverse and selectable front or rear Tine rotation ( I use the rear/rotation setting) The old Briggs finally gave out, Friend had a 12 1/2 HP Electric start Briggs which he modified somewhat ( I think he changed the base so it would bolt on??)and bolted it on.Replaced the Clutch and put really good belts on it. Tractor really has the Balls now! It will chew up the dirt really great!:) Sooooo,....You may ask whats the problem?? Well............The 12 1/2 HP Briggs has an electric start on it which isnt connected, up to now I have been starting it with the rope top..yea, he either had a rope start top or put one on it?.......yea, at 65 Years Old...thats a "PITA" ,I can do it but not well. Sooooo...... I am thinking OK, I am a reasonable mechanic, why not hook up the Electric Start....well I need to put in wiring and a different ignition switch and a Relay or solenoid.....all of which I can do......if I knew what parts I could use / substitute to make it work..and maybe the best way to wire it up...??...so ya, I am hoping someone on here could do a drawing ( Even a crude one it it showed the wiring path) suggest what is a inexpensive universal relay or Solenoid I could buy .....maybe even one off a Riding mower?etc. and maybe email it to me as an attachment, so I could print it and have something to go by. Any and all help, suggestions, ideas,thoughts etc. appreciated!!:thumbsup:
I did select the email option when I signed up so hope that works! and Again thanks in advance!! I want to fix this before cold weather sets in:thumbsup:.
If helpful, I can take a pic of the Tiller and post.

Regards!!!!
Ed