old wood boiler.....boiler guru needed.........

/ old wood boiler.....boiler guru needed......... #11  
Looks like a vertical fire tube boiler missing all the control goodies. The two bottom Stubbs are air control for the firebox.

To make it into a proper low pressure (less than 15psi) would cost more than it's worth. For just a circulating water heater it will still take a few bucks to set up.

Setting it up in a situation that requires certification and a licence to operate would be costly.:)

Just going on your own using it as a water heater still requires quite a bit of addled hardware.:)

/ old wood boiler.....boiler guru needed.........
Looks like a vertical fire tube boiler missing all the control goodies. The two bottom Stubbs are air control for the firebox.

To make it into a proper low pressure (less than 15psi) would cost more than it's worth. For just a circulating water heater it will still take a few bucks to set up.

Setting it up in a situation that requires certification and a licence to operate would be costly.:)

Just going on your own using it as a water heater still requires quite a bit of addled hardware.:)

That's what I thought it was and was hoping someone had seen something like it and tell me who makes these things and where I could find a drawing with what it was supposed to look like in operation.

Where it's at I'm not worried about proper certification or license to operate. I was hoping to convert it into an outside boiler to heat water for my floor heat in my shop. I was going to build one anyway from scratch and if this could be used it would save me a lot because I was going to have to find the controls anyway. It has a smaller firebox than I wanted but that's not a real big deal because it's still pretty big and will take a fairly good sized log. I can add a holding tank of an extra 100/200 gals of water and just fire it once a day so I'm not too worried about a fancy draft control and both the stove and the tank will be insulated well to keep what heat is made in the unit.

What would it need to make it into a water heater that could be used for this purpose?

/ old wood boiler.....boiler guru needed......... #13  
To see what all is needed for controls check out a modern water heater. Get names of the instrumentation.

Trying to recall.
Sight glass, high low water alarms and shutdowns
Make up water controller and valve
Temperature sensors and draft/fan controls
Zone distribution pumps and controls
Rupture disk of the proper size
Flame sensor
Blowdown valve's
PSV's
Emergency draft shut off.
Firebox water spray

Know I'll have missed more than a few.:)