Older Homelite Textron

/ Older Homelite Textron #1  

HawkinsHollow

Veteran Member
Tractor
Branson 3015R
I was given this saw. I am interested in bringing it back to life and turning it into a debarker for my sawmill. What do you all know about these saws? Are parts still available?

Attachments

• IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 46
   / Older Homelite Textron #2  
My experience with finding Homelite parts has been mixed. Some parts no problem and other items next to impossible to find.

There are a couple of parts suppliers online that have parts break downs available. Might try looking for a diagram for that saw to see what is available. The XL was a common saw so that might help.

/ Older Homelite Textron #3  
Some folks like those.

I give them away or used for root cutters in past. Also just tear apart to fix locals saws when they come in. Worth more to me in parts use for others.

You have to pull it all apart to work on stuff. So hope you have fun.

Also known to have duckbill go bad in tanks if you see bar oil getting in etc.

hxlzz.jpg
hxlz.jpg

/ Older Homelite Textron
Some folks like those.

I give them away or used for root cutters in past. Also just tear apart to fix locals saws when they come in. Worth more to me in parts use for others.

Yeah I noticed it didn't seem very easy to work on. I have a guy that does most of my chainsaw work. I sent him a message to see if he works on these, no response yet. Maybe his lack of response IS his response!

/ Older Homelite Textron #5  
Yeah I noticed it didn't seem very easy to work on. I have a guy that does most of my chainsaw work. I sent him a message to see if he works on these, no response yet. Maybe his lack of response IS his response!
Saw isnt worth the labor rate to pay someone IMHO. If more then lines. Carb kits and carb rebuild etc puts it over it's free to 50 worth as runner.

/ Older Homelite Textron
Saw isnt worth the labor rate to pay someone IMHO. If more then lines. Carb kits and carb rebuild etc puts it over it's free to 50 worth as runner.
That is what I was wondering. Thanks for your honest opinion.

/ Older Homelite Textron #7  
You might want to register on the Arborists and Chainsaw forum and post a question there. Lots of member rebuild old saws on that site.

/ Older Homelite Textron #8  
Some folks like those.

View attachment 848352View attachment 848353
What a crud bomb....

/ Older Homelite Textron #9  
I've got three of them, you can still get carb kits and probably other parts on ebay.

/ Older Homelite Textron
I talked to my chainsaw guy today, he said he doesn't work on them. They are too unpredictable as to whether or not he can get it running well is what he said. I was kind of excited, I thought it would make a good lightweight debarker for the mill.