Older Homelite Textron

/ Older Homelite Textron #11  
I was given this saw. I am interested in bringing it back to life and turning it into a debarker for my sawmill. What do you all know about these saws? Are parts still available?
I have had a bunch of those small tophandle Homelite XLs. I do like them, and the parts you are likely to need are available new (carb kit, bars, bearings) or used on eBay. Give it away if bad piston/cyl. I still have one runner left.

That said, are you considering a LogWizard for this saw? If so, don't use a tophandle; use a small rear handle saw. I installed a LogWizard on an Echo 330T tophandle for a friend, and it is hard on the wrist.

Attachments

• Two_XLs.jpg
    Two_XLs.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 28
  • logwizard_debarker_echo330T.jpg
    logwizard_debarker_echo330T.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 25
   / Older Homelite Textron
That said, are you considering a LogWizard for this saw? If so, don't use a tophandle; use a small rear handle saw. I installed a LogWizard on an Echo 330T tophandle for a friend, and it is hard on the wrist.
Good to know, thanks!

/ Older Homelite Textron #13  
Good to know, thanks!
Did you get a LogWizard? There are also de-barking chainsaw attachments that utilize a V-belt, rather than a chain.

Here is a Homelite XL-powered chainsaw winch I bought years ago. It worked flawlessly hauling building materials up my mountainside. This is the later final vintage of these saws, from the mid-90s. Marketed as "Walt's Game Reel", for big game hunters I gather.

Attachments

• winch2a.jpg
    winch2a.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 27
  • winch3a.jpg
    winch3a.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 29
   / Older Homelite Textron
I have not bought the log peeler yet. I am trying to figure out what saw I want to put it on. That winch is cool. Love those things, so handy looking.

/ Older Homelite Textron #15  
What is the model of that old McCulloch saw you want to fix?