Comparison Older Mahindra vs newer John Deere

/ Older Mahindra vs newer John Deere #1  

SharpTJ

Tractor
Ford 9n
Small mostly hobby farm. Will be used for Bush hogging 5 acres, small hemp grow, and long gravel drive maintenance
Tractor #1[\b]
1998 Mahindra 5005 Di
Front End Loader
$7,500 asking price
51 hp
2wd

Tractor #2 [\b]
2005 John Deere 4300
Front End Loader
72" Belly mower
$10,000 asking price
32hp
2wd

/ Older Mahindra vs newer John Deere #2  
I've got a mahindra 485 which is a little older even than that. Its bullet proof.

My only qualm would be parts. I dont believe in taking stuff to a dealer but that's another thing. Dealer may not know how to work on the older tractor or be able to get parts.

There are some international parts that cross over. I ordered a brake for a 444 for my tractor and it was the same

/ Older Mahindra vs newer John Deere #4  
I have a 3510 4x4 Mahindra that I wouldn’t trade for the world. Is a 4x4 tractor not an option for you? With a loader I think you would really like 4x4. If your patient you can likely find a 35hp Mahindra for about 10-11k.

/ Older Mahindra vs newer John Deere #5  
I have a 3510 4x4 Mahindra that I wouldn稚 trade for the world. Is a 4x4 tractor not an option for you? With a loader I think you would really like 4x4. If your patient you can likely find a 35hp Mahindra for about 10-11k.

I like USA
I like Japan
I like Korea
China = crude!
India = crude!
Same with cars!

/ Older Mahindra vs newer John Deere #6  
The crude india quality on my 485 is great. The newer stuff they have made in Japan and Korea and has issues from the factory.

Mine is 2wd and I have no issues. 5005 should have power steering. You just have to be mindful when going into deep mud with the loader on. My 485 is 6k pounds or more so it has plenty of weight for lifting. I would only day 2wd is a must have on a lighter unit

/ Older Mahindra vs newer John Deere #7  
Small mostly hobby farm. Will be used for Bush hogging 5 acres, small hemp grow, and long gravel drive maintenance
Tractor #1[\b]
1998 Mahindra 5005 Di
Front End Loader
$7,500 asking price
51 hp
2wd

Tractor #2 [\b]
2005 John Deere 4300
Front End Loader
72" Belly mower
$10,000 asking price
32hp
2wd

While it pains me to say it, Id go with the John Deere.

The specs, its a loser compared to the bigger unit.

But you know what is VERY important.

When I can drive over to my local JD dealer, ask for parts for my 28 year old riding lawn mower and they go back and get them OFF THE SHELF. In stock.....

For a machine your going to be working with - thats very important.

/ Older Mahindra vs newer John Deere #8  
While it pains me to say it, Id go with the John Deere.

The specs, its a loser compared to the bigger unit.

But you know what is VERY important.

When I can drive over to my local JD dealer, ask for parts for my 28 year old riding lawn mower and they go back and get them OFF THE SHELF. In stock.....

For a machine your going to be working with - thats very important.

^^^^^AGREED !!!!

/ Older Mahindra vs newer John Deere #9  
Yes, for the mahindra I would research some basic parts or call the dealer. Clutch, steering parts. Any thing model specific. Seals, cylinders and anything off the shelf is no big deal

/ Older Mahindra vs newer John Deere #10  
Yes, for the mahindra I would research some basic parts or call the dealer. Clutch, steering parts. Any thing model specific. Seals, cylinders and anything off the shelf is no big deal

That's a good idea, I don't know how Mahindra is for parts, but having reasonably priced parts for their old tractors is something that JD is famous for. Bottom line is I'd check out the Mahindra, but probably lean toward buying the Deere. 30 hp is plenty and even more than you need for what you are describing. The smaller tractor would be more maneuverable...and that's more important than you may realize until you use it.
rScotty