Oliver OC3 loader- big enough?

/ Oliver OC3 loader- big enough? #11  
That's deff a cool looking machine but man that thing looks cold.

A cab with heat will be the best money you ever spent.

/ Oliver OC3 loader- big enough? #12  
I have an OC3 with the Anderson blade in need of restoration and I would say unless you're retired and just want to play in the snow and enjoy working on old equipment it might be ok to play with.

If you need to actually move snow and rely on it to get out and time is at a premium like me get a newer tractor with chains.

They are cute though.

/ Oliver OC3 loader- big enough?
I can afford to buy it, but can I afford to fix it? If you have to ask how much the yacht is, you shouldn't be buying....

/ Oliver OC3 loader- big enough? #14  
I remember as a kid back in the 60's people slagging off the Oliver cletracks as they had a propensity to shed tracks on a fairly regular basis. I can't imagine that the intervening half century has improved matters much where that's concerned.

/ Oliver OC3 loader- big enough? #15  
I remember as a kid back in the 60's people slagging off the Oliver cletracks as they had a propensity to shed tracks on a fairly regular basis. I can't imagine that the intervening half century has improved matters much where that's concerned.
Haven't heard that before, based on the design of mine (an early 50's oc3) I would say the track would have to be pretty out of adjustment or the machine was abused to cause a track to come off.

/ Oliver OC3 loader- big enough? #16  
I had an OC-3, with a dozer blade, back in the early 90's. As a couple others have mentioned, ground speed was way too fast for dozer work, unless it had the aux. transmission. I looked into one, and it was $1800.00 back then, through a fellow in PA., named Zimmerman. Still think they sell used parts for them. He did offer to buy mine, for $1,000.00, and it was in good shape. I did what I needed to do with mine, and sent it down the road.

Personally, I'd buy a snow blower, and hope you never need to use it.

/ Oliver OC3 loader- big enough? #17  
I think I would go wheeled tractor, chains if you need them, heated cab, and a snow blower attachment to throw the snow farther off the road. Then you don't have the accumulation sitting along the road bed all season.