Omni Dual Saw

/ Omni Dual Saw #1  

weldingisfun

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4500 4WD w/FEL, and Scotts S2048 lawn tractor
Anyone out there have any experience with the Omni Dual Saw? https://www.dualsaw.com/?cid=638178
The price isn't too bad if it actually does all it is supposed to do. But, neither the saw nor the replacement parts are available at any retail outlets. That means everything must be ordered, meaning ridiculous S&H costs.

/ Omni Dual Saw #2  
I don't know. I'll admit that it sure has my attention. My only issue is that I've now read about a few complaints about the Omni Dual Saw failing in short order and the troubles of mail order replacements. What has me really tempted is Craftsman's version of the same thing except it's slightly larger, considerably more powerful and costs quite a bit less. That and the ability to actually take it back to a real store if there is a problem has me nearly ready to put this Craftsman 6-1/8 in. Twin Cutter Electric Saw on my Christmas list.

/ Omni Dual Saw #3  
I bought a Sears version a while back. It was on sale for $69. I actually got two, one for me and one for a friend ,while I was there. Mine lasted about 5 minutes actual work time. I showed all my friends how it worked on things like they do on TV. When I took it to the job site and tried to cut a kitchen sink hole, it made it about 2/3 the way around and it smoked. I took it back and since it was on sale , it would cost over $100 to order one in. I am back to the sawzall.

/ Omni Dual Saw
   / Omni Dual Saw #5  
   / Omni Dual Saw
It appears no one has any experience with this saw. That, in itself, says a lot about it. Thanks, all.

/ Omni Dual Saw #7  
I have a Lowes Taskforce brand 5" version it cuts great in sheet metal steel like body panels. The one issue they have is that they are taxing the motor hard, so they may not last long. The blades work great at cutting, but they throw chips everywhere eye protection is required (I like a fase shield too). The blades last better then the abrasive cutting discs and they don't explode like abrasive blades do at times.