on-line parts purchase for #7 backhoe??

/ on-line parts purchase for #7 backhoe?? #1  

bandit99

Tractor
bx 2200
I need to purchase the main cylinder and boom for a JD #7 backhoe. Any ideas where I can get used parts or discount parts? Those two parts new are almost the cost of a used backhoe! This is on a JD 790.

/ on-line parts purchase for #7 backhoe?? #2  
Always go hydraulic repair shop for a cylinder. Most times, they can fix your old one for half price or less of what a new one would cost. If the rod is bent, they will just replace the rod and reattach the pin end and the piston.

/ on-line parts purchase for #7 backhoe?? #3  
$750 for the boom, $520 on the cylinder, Good hydraulic shop and a good welder need to be your next quote!

/ on-line parts purchase for #7 backhoe?? #4  
Wow. I think that I need to revise my answer on the cylinder to "much much less than 50%".

/ on-line parts purchase for #7 backhoe??
Thanks for the advice. Brake lock failed to hold tractor and it rolled down a hill and hit a tree dead on with the boom folded and pinned. Bent main boom and rod and I think split the end of the cylinder so I probably won't be able to have a hydraulic shop fix it but will look into it. Having a friend mechanic come by this PM to see what he thinks. Can't afford to buy both new, or at least would rather not!

/ on-line parts purchase for #7 backhoe?? #6  
If the cylinder rod is bent or broken it can be replaced along with all seals for much less than buying a new one. Now if you cracked the cast cylinder body, that may be a different story. I would have a hydraulic shop look at it and get an estimate. A hacked up garage shop fix probably will not last for long. Let the pros do it right.