On the fence

/ On the fence #1  

damnyankee

Tractor
Still searching
I need a little help here if you guys have the time.
I have 25 acres I'm building a house on. The land is the best of both worlds for me. Half rolls and half is flat. I will finish mow about 5 acres and bushog the rest.
I will be doing a lot of FEL work as well.
I'm not going to ask which tractor is better, blue, green etc.. I can evaluate that on mine own(I hope).
What I'm asking is will the DK35 do what I need or should I consider a 40 or 45. Price not being too big an issue but more tearing up the yard I want to finish mow is.
I see some pretty attractive package prices available and as I read here and elsewhere people seem pretty pleased w/the Kioti.
I would appreicate any additional comments someone would like to add.
Thanks In Advance, Take Care,

/ On the fence #2  
Hello,

I own a DK35 and am very pleased with its performance on the various jobs on my 10 acres. For FEL work it performs well, with enough weight to give good traction (using R1's). I finish mow about 6 acres, having to wait till the soil (clay) is good and dry before putting the R1's on the turf. I think the DK35 is a good multi-purpose tractor, for the weight and horsepower, I currently have 180 hours on my Kioti and have never had any problems. I was looking at the DK40 and DK45 before I decided on the DK35, but for my terrain of trees and the need to manuever pretty tight in places I chose the DK35.

Hope this helps.

/ On the fence #3  
With 25 acres I would look more in terms of the DK45. It will handle a 6' bush hog much less stress than a 35. I don't think the weight is that much different between a 35 and 45. The 45 also gives you the option of the 1590 loader which is one brute. If you can use turf's - R3's, I would probably go that route. As long as your 20 acres is OK for them, you will be happier on your five remaining. You will be doing the five much more often than the 20. In any color, you are better off going with a four vs. three cyl. engine. In my case, I just get in the middle of my back 14 acres and can't imagine myself on a smaller machine. Good Luck!
Pacesetter

/ On the fence #4  
I would look at the DK45 for your land. You also mention a lot of fel work. I wouldn't even consider turf tires,, that would be a waste, and your loader would be worthless.

I finish mow with my DK65. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have no idea why Pacesetter is against 3cylinders /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

RedDog <font color="orange"> Kioti DK65 </font>