On the issue of hp

/ On the issue of hp #11  
As of about a year ago Volo Car was owned by Ford and Volo Truck was owned by GM .... Just as bad as who owns many of the tractor companies .... and Auto Manfacturers ...
Leo

/ On the issue of hp #12  
GM sold their heavy truck operations to Volvo several years ago. At first the brand was called "Volvo GM", but Volvo dropped the "GM" brand a few years ago.

/ On the issue of hp #13  
OK... Math is not my strength, but here is how I see your 30hp example... Let's assume rated RPM is 2600 RPM... 5252* 30 / 2600 = 60.6 lbsft. (at rated RPM). Even if we assume a 100% torque rise, that's only 120 lbsft. of torque at peak. Without access to the actual HP curve, peak torque is just a guess.

/ On the issue of hp #14  
Gear reduction is what accounts for the high torque numbers. I just reversed the math on the 59 HP @ 2300 RPM that the tag on the side of the engine states my TN 65 produces and I came up with 134 pounds feet of torque. I reversed the math on the pto HP, I'm guessing 49 HP, and I came up with 476 pounds feet. The reason I'm guessing is that the brochure lists it at 57 engine/ 47 pto HP. One thing that amazes me is how the manufacturer can't seem to figure out how much power this tractor produces. The brochure stated 57 HP, the repair manual states 60 HP, the tag on the side of the engine is 59 HP. If I remember right the Nebraska Tractor Test website gave it 61 HP. I'm sure glad accuracy is not really important on these numbers!