? on yanmar fx24D

/ ? on yanmar fx24D #11  
On the FX26D that I had the shifter was on the right fender. The FX models are powershift and the F series are regular gear shift tractors. That may be the reason for the right left difference.

/ ? on yanmar fx24D #12  
Greg,
Sold two F17d's this week. Shifter is on the left fender, 3pt tilt on the right. Sold an FX awhile back, but don't remember which side shifter was on.

/ ? on yanmar fx24D #13  
Strange and interesting - F series tractors with straight gear transmissions have shifter on the left. FX tractors with powershift have the shifter on the right. Who would have thought. As I said, I have never owned an F or FX tractor. My only powershift is a YM1110D with the shifter in the middle between the operator's legs.

It seems to me that a foot shifter would be the ticket - kind of like a hydrostatic foot pedal system. I made one but haven't gotten a chance to try it on my YM1110D. I plan to use a throttle or choke cable for the linkage to the regular shifter, but I haven't yet figured out how to attach it to the foot shifter. I attached a photo - what do you guys think?

Attachments

• 520867-foot_shifter.jpg
    520867-foot_shifter.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 295
   / ? on yanmar fx24D #14  
I like the design, and it certainly looks stout enough......heavy shift cable would sure eliminate allot of alignment problems and work well for your design. Looks like 1/8 steel and should last the life of any tractor.

Mark

/ ? on yanmar fx24D #15  
Here is a picture showing the shifter of the FX26D that I had.

Attachments

• 521060-FX26DControls.jpg
    521060-FX26DControls.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 555
   / ? on yanmar fx24D #16  
Now that I recall, the FX17D had the same setup. I needed two right arms to run the loader with any speed. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ ? on yanmar fx24D #17  
You are correct. Its 1/8 steel with a coupling welded on for the spring loaded detent ball. I hope to get to installation this winter.

/ ? on yanmar fx24D #18  
Try some auto wreckers. A modified shifter cable from a front wheel drive automatic trans. might be the answer.

/ ? on yanmar fx24D
Are the frontends built better on the new tractors? I was worried about damageing my? I have a loader on my 2420d. One reasons for thinking of a change was foing to powersteering and more foot room. I was thinking of not getting a loader and buying a bobcat for loader work. Good investment or a wast of money???
If anyone can tell me where to view more pictures of the fx series that would be great.
thanks
wendlein

/ ? on yanmar fx24D #20  
Here is an FX24D

Attachments

• 521241-FX24D.jpg
    521241-FX24D.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 547